Prepare for direct work!?

In case those who aren’t aware already, you may have seen several emails hit your inbox from Title Co’s (and I mean “big” name Title Co’s) requesting your updated credentials. This was weird at first for me, because I didn’t recall signing up with some of them directly, so I made some calls. Apparently, they all have the same story (which is good). They are taking advantage of the “slow” time to set up and/or update NSA profiles internally. Apparently they used SS’s during the last few years just to keep up with the extremely high demand during “the ride.” If a Title Co hires through a SS, the Title Co/Lender relies on the SS to provide a NSA with current/valid credentials. Obviously, the SS has to share the info of the NSA they hired on the clients behalf with the client. Now that things have slowed, it appears that because the demand was so high the last few years, SS companies weren’t keeping up with verifying/validating credentials, resulting in the SS not actually having the inventory of notaries they advertised to have in a particular area due to lack of and/or expired credentials, causing numerous closing problems. In one call I had with a TCo today, they gave me examples of a SS pushing out available assignments to people who were no longer a certified Notary, let alone a NSA, and another was hired and completed an entire signing with an expired stamp. Perfect example of a SS co being no different than us, a business being only as good as it’s operations. Be on the lookout. Verify the request. And if legit, give them what they need, cause it looks like Lenders/Tco’s are fraying away from the middle man. I’m not posting this to provide false hope, but merely stating don’t ignore your emails. Looks like the phrase “haste makes waste” may benefit us!

5 Likes

Yeah, something is going on alright…
Seems like title companies are rearranging, consolidating departments and job duties! I received a call from my normal title company this morning that I almost didn’t pick up because I did not recognize the phone number! The phone was in my phone under Chase faxback, so I almost didn’t pick up! I also was surprised that they called on two orders that are two weeks away from closing! It makes me wonder since things are so slow they are starting to call on their short list of top notaries? :woman_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

Today has been a crazy day… This may explain why I am getting back-to-back assignment requests from my title companies directly. I even turned one down due to a conflict and they called me and told me to work it out with the borrower for the best time that works for both… so I did. For the first time since I started in December, I am fully booked with two-three appointments every day this week… I had to turn down a few and missed a few while I was in a closing this evening… @VIPnotaryCO , I don’t know how you do it. It’s only Monday and I’m exhausted.

3 Likes

Oh wow, yep they are cutting staff. Sorry I can’t say what company. This one cut down to one person I just spoke to the one help desk/support dept. waiting or stayed open in case I call for help since I have their 6:30pm closing! … :thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.