Professional Logos

You are doing some serious work daily… when I grow up I want to be just like you :slight_smile:

Any tips you could share with me on how to do this would be so greatly appreciated. Also as a side note, I agree with you about the advertising. I came to the same conclusion you did about privacy and security reasons.

This is great! Phone number is LARGE = super easy to read. And you included your business web address!

I worked with a local Sign Company to fit this on the window. The window height is about 12 inches. I thought they did a great job picking a good font.

The next thing I’m looking to get is a QR code to place on the side windows with the company name and logo. The logo is in the thought stage.

1 Like

Keep a couple things in mind when considering a logo or advertisement on your vehicle:

1. Where you live. If you live in a condo or a subdivision with a homeowners’ association, vehicle advertising may not be allowed. Happened to a notary in South Florida…paid a lot of money for his banners and also paid a lot to have them removed (violation of association rules)

2. Vehicle insurance…advertising a business on your vehicle may increase your premiums.

Just a couple thoughts

2 Likes

I’ll add that you should check your State and Local regulations to see if you need a sign permit. In some jurisdictions you’ll need a permit for each municipality/county/jurisdiction you traverse, even if you’re not doing business in that jurisdiction.

1 Like

Linda, you are so awesome. You’re a gem, you’re full of knowledge. Thank you. Great info for us to think about

1 Like

@RiverpointeTax => You may also want to consider safety/your visibility decrease when wrapping/applying a QR Code emblem to a window. Even if you have an Extended Cab truck and have it applied to the rear door windows, this could impede your ‘blind spot’ visibility.

Just thinking of your travel safety. :tulip:

My direct experience: Once when my vehicle was in the maintenance shop, the dealership offered a ride home. Normally, I just wait, but on that day I had things to complete. So, I accepted the ride. Their vehicle had a wrap that covered the entire vehicle - including ALL windows (front, rear, sides).

While riding, I noticed a definitive “darkness” within their vehicle. I also noticed that it was difficult to see out.

So, I asked the driver if he drove the vehicle prior to the installation of the “beautiful wrap.” He said that he did. He went on to say that he truly DIDN’T like it because it dramatically reduced his visibility. He felt that his safety & the safety of his passengers were diminished because of the decreased acuity. The wrap on the windows had a Dot Matrix effect.

He went on to ask me not to say anything to his Manager about his complaint.

I let him know that I noticed how dark it was in the vehicle & it generated the question of safety & visibility. I suggested that he mention to his Manager that a client mentioned the diminished visibility/concerns of safety. I also said that he could use my name & gave him my number for his Manager to call if there were questions.

A few months later I was in the shop for another oil & filter change. I noticed the Courtesy Vehicle had a modified wrap with the windows being clear of the ‘Advertising.’

4 Likes

I put a lot of thought into advertising on my vehicle and came to the same conclusion as you. The windows are factory tinted, the lettering are individual decals. There’s no perforated wrap on the windows.

This truck is an extended cab. The side windows are larger on the outside that the ‘port hole’ sizing inside. I can place a QR code up to 8 inches without blocking what little view I have.

In installed additional fisheye mirrors on the factory mirrors to reduce blind spots. So far this works.

2 Likes