RECEIVING funds due amount

Just a question what do you do with a check that you received from a client I usually put mine in a white envelope with the words “ funds due “on it. I also take a picture of it and upload it with the IDs. I’m always terrified that I’m going to lose or it’s going to fall out, what is the best way to handle someone’s check? thanks for your help .

1 Like

I staple it to appropriate form. Even when they say not to staple. Haven’t had a lost check since I began stapling and also never got a complaint for doing so. I also scan/save the page with the check stapled to it as proof, tho’ I’ve never needed it, thus far.

4 Likes

I do the same, paper clip it to an “vital” document (closing disclosure, note, mortgage) and I draw big wiggly eyes on the envelope . Maybe the wiggly eyes are a little over the top but it works :eyes: :smile:

5 Likes

Love the wiggly eyes… NOTHING is over the top when trying to get them to pay attention that THERE’S A CHECK!!! …because it’s always the notary’s fault, donchaknow.

8 Likes
 Exactly !   I heard of a situation where 

the title company complained that the notary did not include the check, then 5 minutes later found the check in the title company’s trash bin. Someone wasn’t careful enough when they opened the package.

5 Likes

:laughing:

Blockquote

3 Likes

I always take a photo - just to prove I collected the payment. Then I paperclip the check to the appropriate form and move that form to the front of the package.

Then (yes, overkill, but it works) I use a binder clip to fasten the entire package together. That way, when the docs are removed from the shipping envelope, the check and form are not accidentally left in the envelope and tossed.

6 Likes

I think we’ve started something here LOL

1 Like

When i can. I have client wire funds
Otherwise i staple check to the doc for funds collected
Take pictures. And pretty much do what everyone has suggested
I am careful how i staple the check…so as not to interfere with any information

2 Likes

Staple it. Protect it with your life. May sure it gets out with the signed docs. Period.

2 Likes

I bought bright orange envelopes and had a stamp made that said “CHECK ENCLOSED” I put the check in the envelope and glued (glue stick) it to the page where it states funds due.

2 Likes

After having a check go missing, after I had put it in the package, I now take a photo, put it in an envelope on top of the paperwork. That seems to have solved the problem because it has not happened since.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.