Refinance packages with many duplicates

Was it a Federal Savings Loan? I got one that was 280 pages to print 2 sets! I don’t think so! I fell off my chair! I gave them two options, double my pay or take it back! And they paid my negotiated fee!

1 Like

Wow! That’s 15 pages more than the biggest one I received.

Yep, it was the first and the last!

The trend for me the past few months is exotic loans. Unusual documents, duplicate documents, scanback, etc. If the package is larger than you are used to it is best to bring it up to the scheduling company. In some instances where you have to download multiple files, the Lender has already incorporated Escrow docs and they do not need two copies. If they want all the documents regardless I will ask for an extra print fee and usually get it. I agree that the borrower does not need multiple copies of the same documents, I also do not print the instructional pages after the W-9 or after the 4506-C. It means you must scroll through the documents prior to printing and not blindly print. I keep a sheet next to my keyboard where I list the must print pages then I set up my printer to print only those pages. I also print the Lender copy legal and letter and the Borrower copy shrink to fit. This way if something prints incorrectly, you have a backup with all the information displayed on the page. I like this method and use it 95% of the time because I can review the documents to look for anomalies like extra signers, spelling variations. No one loves a notary that runs out with bad documents. A waste of your time and everyone else’s.

2 Likes

I have had some pkgs that large. They were all from Milestone Title. I don’t work for them anymore. They want to pay a minimum and then send a huge pkg.

2 Likes

It’s an idiot. I’ve had one with 4 CD’s, two apps, and two loan estimates, plus a number of double documents for only one signer. I have one today for a single signer that is 202 pages long. It doesn’t happen often, thankfully.

But for the copies to the borrower, I delete the duplicated documents on th epdf before printing. So my 202 page original was only 130 page copy for the borrower. On that note, I also delete the instructions for the W-9, which can be five pages long.

2 Likes

CC: I don’t think mobilenotaryinohio was being rude dcdupont64. I think he was just trying to make a point. The borrower does not need extra copies of their application or CD. One copy is good enough. It save money, maybe takes a few minutes longer, I agree.

1 Like

I don’t think mobilenotaryinohio was being rude dcdupont64. I think he or she was just trying to make a point. The borrower does not need extra copies of their application or CD. One copy is good enough. It save money, maybe takes a few minutes longer, I agree.

LOVE Rocket Mortgage! And they put the dates on the loan documents. One less thing the borrower needs to do. Makes signing much faster. Every minute and mile counts in this biz.

3 Likes

I am in love with Rocket Mortgage :heart_eyes:. Looks like they are pushing towards RON/Hybrid. The ultimate future in real estate/loan closing. Been getting 99.99% Hybrid/RON in these past two weeks. My first two weeks of January 2022 are filled with RON and Hybrid signings. :thinking: Think I’m going to have to transition my business 100% to RON in 2022. :thinking:

2 Likes

I don’t agree. The person was arguing with me as to whether or not it was a reverse mortgage when I clearly stated it was not. I don’t care how long you’ve been working this at some point you do have experience and I’ve been doing signings since 2013. Am I perfect, no, but I’ve been a notary since 1988. I think I have a little experience and I know the difference between a refinance and a reverse mortgage. All I was looking for was other people who were having the same issues, not to be told that I didn’t know what the hell I was doing or that they had never seen such a thing. Anyway, I’m not going to have that issue going forward with that person.

California has yet to allow electronic notarizations.

Hi, how does Rocket Mortgage assign loan signings? Do they use a signing platform?

1 Like

@jsandino to clarify…CA allows e-notarization…what they do not allow yet is RON

I’d wager that’s going to change eventually…but who knows.

They place all their signing orders through their family of company Amrock!

I’m trying to prepare myself for what to expect in 2022. I spoke to several groups of people in the industry and they all said we’re going to be busy with purchases, sellers and refis in 2022! Really? :thinking: I guess we shall see!

2 Likes

Thanks for the information. I contacted Amrock a couple of weeks ago but I was told they are not currently onboarding in CA where I live right now, but I will keep trying.

Annoying isn’t it! I have found over the years that whomever tend to load docs into the loan and then it is complete. I don’t think they ever review the loan before sending. Thats why their are so many errors and duplicates.

1 Like

These people in the forum are just trying to help you. There’s no need to be nasty to them. “So nice that you have the time too blah blah blah, but I do not”.
Seems like you would be thankful for people actually going out of their ways to assist you.
Maybe you’re just having a bad day. We all have them. I hope you get your question answered and have a great new year😊

2 Likes

I have received two such packages in the last month and they are NOT reverse mortgages. They were both refi’s.