"Set Fee's" Questions?

So most I see on here have what’s called their “set fee” for a particular transaction. They will not start the car unless they get that fee (as some have put it).

1.) What type of client are you sitting back and waiting for your “set fee” to come from? (Direct work, SS Co., GNW or ALL)

2.) Where do most of your assignment opportunities come from? (Direct work, GNW or SS Co.)

3.) If most of your opportunities comes direct (not common) are they initially offering your “set fee” or do they start out with a lower offer?

4.) If most of your opportunities comes via SS Co. or GNW not paying your “set fee” (most common because both “shop around”), how do you stay in THIS business while you wait for your “set fee?” (If your into charity work, or don’t need the income and just want to burn money and get out of the house, no need to reply)

5.) Why do you think you are “worth” your “set fee” as opposed to others who will provide the same service for less? (Keep in mind “most” don’t know the abilities/inabilities of their competitors)

4 of my appts last month were title365.
So 94% direct. If they accept my counter at $150 or higher great, if not, someone else can grab it at $90. If I needed to fill my calendar, I’d snatch them and signature closers all day. Which is what I did when I started.

Majority of my direct clients all pay my fee schedule. Some are slightly tweaked lower for seller $125 or higher for buyer only $175.

I have a couple directs with Stewart Title that all were asked to lower fees to $125 for buyer only. So for those, I have my signing service cover those appts and take a smaller profit but leave my calendar more open for the smoother, higher paying appts. The Stewart Title closings are mostly new home builds, scanning from the table, waiting to hear back before handing out keys, multiple last minute time changes. So they’re not always cut and dry.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.