Signings just dropped

Is there a link for Rocket Mortgage? I’d love to sign up too. Thank you.

How are you able to work with them directly and negotiate fees? In my area they have so many notaries. I hear that the new notaries are being rejected. Do you live in an area where notaries are a big sparse?

Seems to be the question everyone asks. I signed up with Amrock in October 2020. I countered every fee on their fee sheet except for $40 deeds and $25 witness fee. I live not far from Indianapolis which is very saturated. I also was sent a rejection email stating my fees were too high, but I replied back immediately explaining and justifying WHY and why I’m an asset to their team and was welcomed aboard with NO CHANGE IN FEES.

I don’t accept anyone’s initial off nor am I one that makes mistakes, turn in sloppy work, or need to be micromanage. In fact, I’m often called upon to fix another Notary’s mistake.

I’m confident as hell and others see it and trust it!

1 Like

Smart move! Have a prosperous 2022! What people don’t know is that these companies ask you to change fees basically they are trying to negotiate with you. Their job is to try to pay you at the lowest, and your job is to negotiate at the highest! :grin:. They can’t afford to lose another good Notary, so you will win.

Hi there , what company are you getting car inspection work from?

Ive been trying to get with them but they are not looking for more notaries in my area :frowning:

Thank you very much for providing the companies name and even their link . I really appreciate you taking time to provide this ! Have a fantastic week !! Sarah @signsealandgo

2 Likes

This year appears to be very slow. I am getting maybe 1 a week. Also I do say that I am available however I am not receiving the assignment like before. Is there a way that I can find out if it is me or where I fall in the rankings?

1 Like

:loudspeaker: Refinance Applications have plummeted! March 2022 may be down 40%. Massive slowdown looming. ~@thenotaryshow

WASHINGTON, D.C. (March 23, 2022) - Mortgage applications decreased 8.1 percent from one week earlier, according to data from the Mortgage Bankers Association’s (MBA) Weekly Mortgage Applications Survey for the week ending March 18, 2022.

The Market Composite Index, a measure of mortgage loan application volume, decreased 8.1 percent on a seasonally adjusted basis from one week earlier. On an unadjusted basis, the Index decreased 8 percent compared with the previous week. The Refinance Index decreased 14 percent from the previous week and was 54 percent lower than the same week one year ago.

3 Likes

I feel you on that. I was wondering the exact same thing. My regular title company who used to give me at least 3 to 4 assignments a week only gave me 1 all month of March… so I called them. They shared with me that business in my area was very slow which is not uncommon for the time of year. They did say that they did however had a decent pipeline for the month of April and are optimistic that things will get better for the next few months leading up to summer.

3 Likes

It has been extremely slow in NY and I thank the cafe for letting me know that this is the situation all over. I was starting to reassess the LSA industry… My question is also how do I know if a signing company have not been offering me assignments as opposed to the industry being slow?

1 Like

You can always call them and ask them if you have any defects or if it’s the market. They’ll tell you. But I follow the news and watch everything that has to do with Real Estate, lending (mortgage rates) and inflation. Ask your friends in the industries I just listed how busy they are with actual closings too.

2 Likes

Same here!! I only had 3 signings last week

1 Like

Hello Kathy, I started getting most of my signing from Signature Closers and then after 1 year of experience i was able to apply to BancServ. ServiceLink and Title 365. However 365 just dropped me and everyone who didnt have 2 yrs experience ( I have 1.5yrs) I was advised by my mentor to sign up for at least 100 SS. When you are on thier list, even is they use Snapdoc or Signing order, it will populate to you. The system is automated. When you get an order request, reject if its out of your area or counter of its in your area. The system sees you as active and you will get work. Timios is also a good company to sign up woth. Hope this helps. Godd luck.

2 Likes

Hi. I’ve been meaning to respond to you, but I forgot my login when trying on my phone. Sorry for the delayed response. Thank you so much for reaching out though, I appreciate the advice. I’m definitely going to try all the options you have given including Timios. I heard of them through this forum but hesitated to give them a try because the feedback wasn’t all that great.

1 Like

“I forgot my login when trying on my phone.”

Well, I’m so busy, I changed my password to ‘Incorrect’ so whenever I type in the wrong one, the computer will say, “Your password is Incorrect".
:innocent:

3 Likes

:rofl: this still cracks me up and I truly needed that this morning

1 Like

I must say Mark’s course helped me get started and I was doing really well…over saturation in my market slowed me down along with the normal slow down. I did what he suggested in his course, and it worked.

1 Like

I feel ya Shey! I’m scraping the barrel here in Alabama. I wonder if there’s someone here that has knowledge about the mortgage industry who knows what’s actually going on