Slow right now?

I am in Philadelphia and the madness has eased for the moment, but rates have come back down a little and I am ready to make more borrowers happy!

3 Likes

Yes, CloudStar was hit with a ransomware attack about 10 days ago that impacted 42,000 users. Several of my closings had to be rescheduled. This is an excerpt from HousingWire.com as of 7/19/2021:

Ransomware attackers hit major title industry cloud services provider Cloudstar, stopping an untold number of loans from closing on Monday.|

3 Likes

If your vaccinated make sure to list that you are. Many Borrowers are now asking that the Notary be vaccinated and title and signing companies are looking at profiles to find vaccinated Notaries. I received an email from a signing company just the other day regarding updating profiles if you are vaccinated. I have had 3 Borrowers ask me for proof of vaccination. Happy to oblige :slight_smile:

2 Likes

SW PA - seems very slow here as well.

1 Like

This is a cyclical business. And, let’s face it, last year was not normal and this year has been different too. Typically, in the summer, business generally slows down a bit because of vacations and then picks up as everyone starts back to school and work. Also, the interest rates moved up a bit which slowed down the mortgage applications. Use the slow times to work on your marketing and also on your business plan and your business budget. Look at your expenses and see if there is a way to reduce the cost of something by purchasing a different brand, or revamp your service area so you can save a bit on fuel for your vehicle. Successful business owners follow a business plan and plan for the slim months by setting aside any abundance in profits for that purpose.

3 Likes

How do you find those title companies on this site?

Umm idk if putting your private health information out there is smart. That isn’t anyone’s business. If someone is nervous, then they can just ask you to wear a mask. Being vaccinated isn’t even stopping people from catching the Delta variant anyway.

10 Likes

It is certainly slowing down!

1 Like

Timios posted on their Face Book page that they were having some technology problems. I’m wondering is this is related to their problems.

I’m in Allentown, and that’s a good description of exactly how it is for me, too. Things seem to already be picking up a bit for the coming week.

Vaccinated? Nahh, there’s zero chance I would even respond to such a question. That’s nobody’s business but my own.

11 Likes

No one’s business, really? Ignorant and above all a very selfish attitude. It isn’t all about you. The possibility of transmitting Covid-19 is a real thing. If a borrower/s are elderly and or their in a situation where their own health is at risk/compromised/cancer. etc. I think knowing that your your Loan Signing Agent got a shot or two is of somewhat importance. You don’t think so? You think that divulging that is to be kept a secret? What your keeping a secret and not too well is that your not vaccinated.
Mask it or Casket

4 Likes

Nobodies business? It’s everyone’s business and it’s only private in your mind. Your not giving out your Social Security #. And yes all parties should still be required to wear a mask.
Mask it, or Casket

1 Like

No, your medical records and history is nobody’s business whether you, personally, want it to be or not. It is private and protected under federal law. If you are actively sick, then you should quarantine, otherwise your vaccination status is not public information. There’s a reason the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) exists. Look it up.

8 Likes

@noblenotary615, I agree. And if the borrower asks to see some information that a notary was vaccinated then they better know that I would be asking the borrowers to show me proof of their vaccination as well. And…they better wear a mask too.

3 Likes

Definitely no one’s business except your own. And I’m woke enough to know that, too.

5 Likes

I am in South Houston. It is definitely slow! I have had about 10 notifications this week, today is Wednesday, August 5, 2021. There are slow periods (time of year, time of month), for real estate transactions, however, at this time, it is extremely slow. I reached out to Amrock, they stated it has been extremely slow but should start to pick up later this month or next month(yes, around when school starts). *** Keep in mind, with the pandemic, some borrowers took advantage of the low interest rates and refinanced their homes to save money, either on monthly mortgage payments, decrease the current loan terms, or receive equity payments to maintain income due to loss of employment. Let’s not forget, many many borrowers who were forced to extend their mortgages or receive help in the form of forbearance loans due to the loss of employment/income. Other borrowers used it as a time to invest money(after stocks crashed when the pandemic began), taking the opportunity to invest money by purchasing homes at low interest rates and fair home values, expecting to sell the homes once the market turned around(the sellers market we just experienced, where the prices for homes dramatically increased). Due to the pandemic, the housing market has been a roller coaster, for sure! There were unexpected highs and lows. Some states experienced waves of people moving in or out due to lockdowns and restrictions, such as mandates regarding masks and vaccines. It’s still uncharted waters, so to speak. People are still recovering, now with the eviction mandates lifted on August 1, 2021, we still do not know the outcome of the months or years ahead. Many could experience foreclosures, which will definitely affect the housing industry (the roller coaster ride has not ended).*** As Notary Signing Agents, we can use the time to maintain bookkeeping records, prepare marketing strategies, organize inventory(office supplies) or catch up on pre-recorded trainings and notary updates per commissioned state(things are always changing)*** This is my only source of income as well, so down time is a curse and blessing at the same time!! *** There are other “side hustles”, here in Texas everything is open and businesses need help. I recently saw a post for a solar company needing a “permit runner” notary preferred but not necessary, the same company was advertising remote call center opportunities with offices in Austin, Dallas and Houston(main corporation in New Jersey). Check other delivery services (auto parts delivery driver, grocery stores, flower shops) if you would like to contact me, my email is notarydoc2u@gmail.com. Bouncing ideas off each other really helps. *** Your efforts will pay off!!

3 Likes

Can you let us know if you can do bookkeeping and how well your doing at marketing your bookkeeping services to others?

Spent over 30 years in health information management. Respectfully, you should be the one to “look it up” Is it a HIPAA Violation to Ask for Proof of Vaccine Status?

What’s your point?
The article literally says, “Vaccination information is classed as PHI and is covered by the HIPAA Rules.” I never said it was a HIPAA violation to ask for proof of status. I said, “your vaccination status is not public information” and I stand by that.

1 Like