Slow Start, Am I Doing This Wrong?

Thanks Carissa, Yes the same boat! I want to eventually go direct as well, I have called quite a few title companies and let them know that I am interested in working with them and if they ever need help to contact me. I actually received my first signing from writing an escrow manager on LinkedIn! I hope it picks up for you, being in such a heavily populated area I think with time they will come in, the ball just has to start rolling. Like you said hopefully sooner than later! Wishing you the best on this journey, Good Luck!

2 Likes

@FL_Notary247 if you have not done so already you should be signing up with 100+ signing services. You can find a list on Notary Rotary in the signing central area. Sort by star rating and start the sign-up-o-rama. I get upwards of 75 - 100 requests per day because I’m signed up with so many signing services. You should definitely have a profile on the following signing service platforms - i.e., Snapdocs, Signing Order, etc. Good luck, there lots of work out there :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Thank you for this tip! I am signed up for a good amount of signing services but clearly not enough if I could possibly be getting 75-100 requests per day. I will go do this now and sign up for any i’m not already signed up with. Thanks again I appreciate it.

1 Like

It will pick up. Xome gives me a lot a business and also BancServ. You may want to check them out. They both pay within 2 weeks. Once they see you complete a lot of deals with them, they’ll start sending you more business.

Also, do your due diligence and sign up with a couple more that pay within a couple weeks.

That’s the experience I’ve had.

Hope this helps.

5 Likes

Hi Carissa,

Try Xome. Once you’re with them for a while and they see you always responding whether you can take the assignment or not, they send more in your area and you’ll get a feel as to as fast to respond.

3 Likes

Thank you, I have done one with Xome so far so hopefully they start sending more my way. I also applied with BancServ but was denied the first time because I didn’t have enough experience but I will apply again at the beginning of next month. I definitely enjoy the companies with the 2 week turn around best. I appreciate your help.

1 Like

It was my pleasure! If you need any additional help, please feel free to reach out to me.

2 Likes

HI, I am new too. Xome denied me and I have 1,000,000 in E&O. I have done 4 signings and get them across my phone but don’t know if Im too slow or just not chosen. most of mine are signing order or premium signature service. How do I get faster? I live and sleep with this damn phone

1 Like

@rfjones just wondering why did you decide to go with 1M in E&O? Are you planning on going direct?

I do plan to go direct but when I filled out my app it didn’t ask me how much I wanted. I realize I have way too much so may call them. I do not plan to own a signing service as I’m sending others out.

Craig I am the notary you called for info and I periodically send signings your way. What happened with the banking assignment I sent you. Did that not work out? Just hang in there and keep trying to accept the signings and keep looking for other companies. Signature Closers I get NONSTOP texts for but I rarely accept because I am already too busy but if you are not signed up for them then try that next.

1 Like

Hi Mark, Thanks for the help and the response. When I reached out to them they took down my information and said that they didn’t need me at the moment but would reach out at the beginning of the year. I never heard anything back so I contacted them during the first week of January to let them know I was still available but still haven’t heard anything. I also registered with signature closers but haven’t heard anything back. I actually emailed them last week and they said they usually process apps the month after they are submitted but its already been longer than that so hopefully that goes through soon. I did finally get accepted with Xome though and they have been sending a few notifications.

1 Like

Unfortunately with many of the singing services, you will be put on the lower tiers at first; especially when you are starting out. Like any newbie, you’ll need to take some of the nastier ones and prove yourself before they put you on a higher tier.
When I started, I had to make numerous 4 hour round trips. On the upside, quite a few were desperate, last minute singings that paid REALLYYY well. Now that I think about it, these are the ones that paid for my startup costs.
Unfortunately, this means that, by the time a notification gets to someone on your low tier, someone from a higher tier has accepted the offer and it’s gone.
Hang in there.

2 Likes

Signing up for SnapDocs was the best tip I ever received.

1 Like

You need to keep looking for new signing companies named in the forums and sign up - Timios, Old Republic, Bancserv, Snapdocs, Service link, EXOS, First American (FASS), Signing Carolina, Amrock, Maverick(auto signings),. These are my favorites.
Good Luck

5 Likes

Thank you for this tip. I’m signed up for some but will definitely sign up for the others now! Thanks again

1 Like

Thank you to everyone that has provided tips for me as well as the other new agents in the field it has really helped. I have completed 4 signings this week alone (I know it isn’t much but its great momentum). I’m excited for the future!

2 Likes

When I first started out in 2015, I called all the signing companies every day and asked if they had assignments in my area. “The squeaky wheel gets the oil.” After about a week or two, they started giving me signings because I was “top of mind.”

3 Likes

Hi, I started 2020 in April mostly with Notary Go. I knew I should move the air around fist, before making some money for myself. I had a good mentor always answering to me. My first signing was a mess (I didn’t print the documents right), but signers were nice and my mentor helped me to print again and go back before midnight. I didn’t have a good printer during this time because wasn’t sure I will stick with this business, but realized that I should invest first. So I did and made 11k for 2020. I didn’t bother my mentor too often and after 2 weeks with Notary Go I switched to SignatureClosers. This gave me a speed. Then realized that I should emphasize on the quality before I try to do bigger volume of signings. So try first to gain a routine in signing. I hope my experience will help you.

4 Likes

Hello Carissa,
I am new as of a few months ago and signed up for a few signing companies. i
'm hoping it will pick up.