SNAP DOCS - I'm removing my profile

It’s not just a Snapdocs issue. Every signing service will take as much of the notary fee for themselves as they can. Snapdocs and platforms like them add to the equation as they get a piece of the pie as well. The notary is the bottom rung of the ladder. We get the scraps that are left. That’s how it’s always been since signing service came into existence. No doubt always will be too.

2 Likes

I wonder if there is a way to create a UNION so that we can set up a universal pricing system for all notaries?

Dream on, we are INDEPENDENT contractors…

3 Likes

I’m encountering the same issues. I signed up Three months ago have not received any assignments/alerts.

Any recommendations?

@blancamagana I was on Snap Docs for 2 years. They usually send a text message, but every time I hit the accept, I would receive a notice “we will get back to you if you are assigned.” These seemed to be a great paying assignments from $125 and up to $250. Yet, for whatever the reason, I NEVER received any work from them. I have read alot regarding Snap Docs, and it not great.

sometimes you have to wait for the ones no one else wants, grab those and then work your way up. I would try a different platform :confused:

1 Like

Wow! I’ve never heard of loan depot.

I think snapdocs are comparing high income states to lower income states. 85 is decent in lower budget state like Mississippi, Alabama or Arkansas .

1 Like

SIGNATURE USED TO PAY $150 0n the app, now they LOWBALLING > COZ, Desperate Notaries will accept any payment on SnapDocs. I CANCELLED SIGNATURE CLOSERS.

1 Like

No, no, no, no, nooooo. $85 is NOT acceptable in ‘lower income states’ because we’re usually traveling MUCH more than the higher income/denser population’ states.
Guess my point is simply ‘one size does NOT fit all’…but the platforms want to believe it does.

3 Likes

Even going next door to notarize is $150 for me. Just to step outta door for a signing. I dont just charge on the time it takes to walk, I charge for the time, I wait twiddling my thumb to be available on demand.
I charge the the possibility and times when signings got cancelled. So waiting + cancelled jobs

Then I charge for the convenience of being there on Demand at time of their choice.

SO One gotta be bold and refuse low ball offers. If they hear enough NOoooo’s they will wisen up and increase fees.

3 Likes

Several years back I received a lot of their offers. Now nothing for the last two years. I thought they were out of business. Their business model is based on having a lot of refi business. As we know, that is over with.

1 Like

Yes, NobelNotary615 is more than rude. It is just plain IGNORANT lump all boomers into whatever false notion you have developed, based on YOUR whatever.
Thanks for reading.

Oh, you mean the signings 50 miles away at 9 p.m.? For $80?

No thanks!

3 Likes

Refi business will return someday, but probably after we’re all retired.

1 Like

was going to say something but won’t.

My friend was given a loan by them. I thought at first it was a scam just because of their name. They are diffinately legit.

It’s a low ball cattle call on SnapDocs - over the last 18 months, I’ve responded to numerous signings and have not gotten one yet. It feels like a complete waste of time to me.

1 Like

Dont know what you are doing I get signings from them quite often.

Or, more accurately in re: Snapdocs/Signing Order, etc. it’s the “Signing Service” that brokers between the Notary and the Title Company and posts the gigs on the website. I’d bet the title company is paying the SS a huge amount and they, in turn, are low-balling the Notaries in order to keep the profits.

I think I may have received only 1-2 alerts from Snapdocs after 1 year, neither of which I was awarded. I get more “Alerts” from the Signing Order, website than any other. But, most are low ball offers or if they are reasonable (got an alert yesterday for $125.00 for a buyer only right in my own town and for which I responded “Yes”), I’d never be given the award, I think due to the competition in my area. It’s frustrating at times because you’re never notified after you accept the alert, unless you are actually awarded the gig. One simply cannot plan their day around “waiting” for the SS to accept. I really wish they notify us one way or another so we could move on with our day. But I guess that’s too much trouble for them. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

I think it’s time we start figuring out how to forge direct relationships with the Title companies themselves.