SNAPDOCS ! DO's & DONT's

It has been 4 months that I have been signed with Snapdocs with a High rating. Only received 3 notifications, 2 I did not respond quick enough and the 3rd one the borrower canceled the HELOC.

1 Like

I am removing myself from Snapdocs. Lots if unscrupulous signing agencies, stress of non payment, low ball fees, constantly micro managing, agents…

My litany of complaints go on

8 Likes

In most cases Snapdocs becomes the 3rd party and we become the 4th why would anyone want to subject themselves to this as a professional notary ??

3 Likes

I get hits all day from SD and I don’t take lower than $100 on anything.

Just depends what market you are in. I’m in Vegas.

2 Likes

Debt settlements and consolidations are not notarized transactions, do not come with notarial certificates, and are fishy business practices. Because debt consolidations must legally have a face-to-face representative upon signing a contract, these companies hire mobile notaries to be a representative or agent of that company. This allows them to skirt the ‘telemarketer’ laws (because some of the transaction is done in person after the initial phone contact). The notary often must read verbatim a spiel covering the same information that was pitched over the phone, refuse to answer any questions, not give opinions, etc. Because this format is similar to some notary jobs and espouses similar ethical proceedings, notaries are recruited to carry them out, jeopardizing the legal and ethical reputation of notaries. There is no notarizations done in these dealings, therefore the notary is not under any legal or ethical obligation to accept or complete such assignments.
Moreover, many of these companies work remotely, ignoring many states’ laws that require the business to be registered in the same state as their client, and hoping the notary will not be familiar with the Uniform Debt Management Service Act of 2005 or their own state’s regulations.
Best to stay away.

8 Likes

I like your attitude towards your business. YOu gotta be in it to be profitable.

1 Like

Ive been using notarygaget as my tracking system and its awesome, not only can you track all your signings including expenses mileage and notarial acts but they automatically generate tax reports. I pay a yearly fee and its totally worth it. You can add reoccurring costs i.e. paper, wifi, cell phone and it links to your google cal
I highly recommend

I’m using an Excel spreadsheet. Nowadays there’s an app for eeverything.
I wouldn’t be surprised if someone creates an app “how to think”

2 Likes

NotaryAssist.com is a notary software to track your signings, expenses,mileage, invoices,maps, Profit/Loss!

Did they expand and add being a signing service to their product line?

I think they were referencing this program because the original post did mention tracking your closings through SD…

Totally agree about debt settlements. I’m thankful the one I had, the signer was an intelligent man and discovered the mis-information and did not sign. I will not take those anymore.

3 Likes

I have done 6 debt reconciliations and I felt really bad afterward. After seeing these postings, . I once used one of these companies for myself and I ended up
doing most of the negotiating and settlement with the card companies.
I will turn them down in the future; I feel better already.

wow, I guess I just lucked out when my debt settlement assignment fell through. This Law Firm" was asking me to do this- and I didn’t catch the problem. I’m so glad I read this! With that said, my package did have notarizations in it. It was for a power of attorney. Is there anything I should do to alert the authorities about this company claiming to be a law firm?

All states have legally established NON PROFIT debt conselling agencies. They charge only a fixed fee after service.
Not the monthly direct ACH dip in a poor persons bank account like these charlatans do.

Debt settlement from out of state are for profit companies, operating in a shady almost illegal arena & have refined form of the art of the con. Most reprehensible.

Many customers are slowly groomed and coached & the smooth talk operators provide a very sympathetic ears, and emotional( fake) support that some customers feel it is the absolute right thing to do is send money, when they dont have any money to pay even a small percentage of the debt.

SO HERE IS WHAT YOU GOTTA DO.

Report to your state Attorney General office & also the Attorney General office of state where the company is situated and perhaps FBI as well. Interstate crime may have been committed or attempted to .

Never ever ever get involved with any debt settlement or debt consolidation outfits, they are all different but years later you could end up being wound up in some kind of bad lawsuit… RUN from them.

I so agree with you, if all notaries band together the low balling will stop! I don’t do anything under $100+ locally, anything outside of my local area increases. Again I will reinterate what. you’ve said, THINK NOTARIES, your time to compile/process docs, your paper, your ink, your drive time (no matter what the weather may be) and your willingness to serve the public should all come into play. Stand your ground!

1 Like

Good to know I dont do them anyway

EACH and Every One of you? Please start Evangelizing the pits and perils of low fees and encourage them to start being more confident.. HOW ? Tell them how to stand up and say NO  to low fees. Show them your good earnings. I have now been sharing my good earnings. 
 Of course I am not gonna give my clients away, So they gotta also know that.

Yes, Sent to your state attorney general and county district attorney and perhaps also to FBI, as interstate fraud might be involved. Hence FBI !

I read another post that said new notaries shouldn’t expect to be paid more than seasoned notaries. (Posted by a seasoned notary). The assignment she referred to was a $40 signing. Any way you slice it, you’ll probably be LOSING money on that one! Even if you’re new, you still need to make a profit. It’s kind of dumb to work for free.

1 Like