Stop doing signings for $40 dollars

Notaries please, stop taking signings for $40 dollars only. I receive a lot of emails offering $40 dollars only for signings. I don’t care if the package has 40 pages only. Not only you have to consider that printing is already expensive but, by the time we arrive at the signer’s home, they sign our book and we go over those 40 pages and they sign them we have to spent at least 30 to 40 minutes with them. Please STOP accepting $40 dollars only. Go find another job if you need money that desperately.

8 Likes

I hear your pain and frustration.

1. The problem is that many states, to be a notary , there is Absolutely NO Educational Qualification.
  2. A person even without a GED or High School working a minimum or sub par wages can become a notary/
  3. For Such a person , a $40 fee for 1 hr worth of time and some travel and expenses in “ALL WORTH IT” … That is how much they value their time. Imagine from $7 per hr or even a sup par wage as a waiter / waitress ( especially in NJ where the wages by law are ridiculously low)… $40 is a super pay.

In this age, its the middlemen who have a skin in the game.

Yes, you are right, its not the # of pages, its how long it can take and dealing with all the unforeseen extra problems, travel, equipment, and most of all , the UNLIMITED LIABILITY and the fact that a notary can be sued for everything you have. And Notary Narayan makes good points also. Hiring a notary is a grab bag. All different levels of education lack of experience etc.

That is a response typical of “its okay, I’m making what (I) need to survive…”
The problem lies in that for the rest of the free (enterprising) world its NOT okay.
And I agree, this MUST stop.

If I were a waiter/waitress I would be offended by your statement. Hey I was one and put myself thru College that way. And just so you know, bartenders, waiters and waitress really don’t care about their hourly wage, because most depend on their tips. In NJ in the summer along those bars you can make a $1000.00 a day in tips. Trust me they are not complaining.
The $40.00 acceptance needs to stop, I am in California, and was told I will not get work if I don’t accept them. Well, I don’t accept them and receive the higher paying jobs. So, I am ok with newbies accepting the low pay.

That is my rant.

Have a great day!

1 Like

I believe it was notary to go or something like that, that called me and asked for a signing to be completd for $40.00. I actually started laughing. I told her their fees were insulting. Period

I get a lot of those $40 dollars orders from PacDoc Sign. I agree with you Linda, that is insulting and I completely disagree with the other agent about being OK with newbies accepting the low pay because they are the reason we are not getting work the way it used to be and now all these companies are offering low fees because they know that there are always those notaries out there doing the work for nothing. We are the ones paying the price.

1 Like

Very well said… Stop! Those accepting those jobs are negativily effecting our business!

No one is making $40.00 an hour. By the time the taxes, all the insurance, cost of printing, the gas in the car, the cost of cell phone service and internet, and all the other expenses that I haven’t listed, are subtracted from that $40.00 job the waiter/waitress probably makes more money per hour then then the NSA. Everyone should come up with a basic, bottom line fee that they charge just to start their car and then add on to that fee all the other stuff.

Has anyone done signings recently with PacDoc Sign? I did one back in August and have not been paid. The response to my emails and calls is they will check with accounting, and still no payment.