The End Is Near, The End Is Near!

Nearly out of business now, pick up an occasional order from a favored contact, a local service, usually a purchase or a sale. If I can do half a dozen a month, it pays for my golf.

Refinance market has all but imploded, people leveraged up to their eyeballs (again) from sucking as much equity as they could out of their overvalued primary residences, often to pay off credit cards–which they will only run up again. They’ll eventually be so far upside down (again) it will take them years to get it right–if they don’t go BK before that. Again.

Fired two of my longest and at one time, my most productive, clients. I’ve no desire to continue playing their game of “Who can respond fastest?” when they send out requests for notaries, especially given fees haven’t increased much at all in the past 6 years while gasoline is through the roof. The IRS STILL hasn’t even considered raising the per mile rate one can use to deduct their mileage on their tax returns. It’s truly a tax on small business owners–and for mobile notaries, a very costly one given how many miles we drive. Can’t stay in business like that.

And you know what? I’m happy as a clam being retired again!

16 Likes