A Step Above Signing Service My fee has yet to be paid!

OMG I wish I would have read the reviews on this company. I did a job for her March 15, 2021 and this is June 21, 2021 and I still have not gotten paid. I don’t know what her problem is, but she is a very nasty person to deal with. Her 45 business days for payment is ridiculous and the only company that does this. Most pay within the month. I certainly will never do business with her again and I’m still trying to get paid for the one I did.

Be careful. Angie lurks on these forums and may try to gaslight you and play the victim card. I’m not sure how she was able to build a business

Did you file a class action suit against Angie ? Non payment?

Did you ever get paid?

If you want quicker results, escalate to the vendor Angela gets her work from and let them know she pays so poorly. That will definitely expedite your payment.

Then, never work for this person again.

I did a recent signing for A Step Above SS. It was straight forward and smooth, great email communication and I felt things went well. I’m concerned to read this here. It’s still early for receiving my payment or following up but I was advised payment will be sent automatically and I did not need to issue an invoice. This was when I did send an invoice right after the signing. I hope I receive payment. I had to rush after the signing to make FedEx cutoff. I made it 10 minutes before last drop.

She is NOTORIOUS at Paying late. MONTHS AND MONTHS LATE. Be prepared to prove you completed the signing. Both the signings I did for her she said she sent a check through deluxe checks even gave me a check number but deluxe checks said that was never issued to me. I had to resend and reverify multiple times with her to get paid, even threaten small claims court , She will pay but you must prove it several times the the “check” was never received before deluxe echecks she always said “it was in the mail” PERSEVERANCE WILL GET YOU PAID BUT YOU MUST FOLLOW UP

1 Like

A class action lawsuit requires hundred of plaintiffs and costs a lot of money to file. The Better Business has no bearing on the voracity of a company, it’s basically just a Yelp page before there was Yelp. They have no power to do anything to errant companies. I would strongly recommend contacting your State Attorney General and file a formal complaint - THAT will get you the results you’re looking for. This is the link for California’s: Consumer Complaint Against A Business/Company | State of California - Department of Justice - Office of the Attorney General

I did a signing for her 0ct. Of 2020. She said she sent a check. But didn’t. Said she would resend. Didn’t. Said she did, asked her if it had been cashed. 2 days later she said it had not been. She “would.send another one” that was almost 3 weeks ago
So…the beat goes on.