American Signing Connections

do you have another contact for them

you are don’t do it unless you want to work for free any contact there

The only other number i had for her was her cell which was (redacted) which don’t seems to be working either.

I did a closing for American Signing Connection on 06/22/17. They have not paid me. I have tried calling all through the month of July and left messages and every time I called, I would be looped back into the employee directory. I called the other day and the number is now disconnected. From other forums I have read about with this company, they have actually been out of business since Jan 2017. I am not sure how they are able to get work. NOTARIES BE AWARE DO NOT DO ANY WORK FROM THIS COMPANY.

Go to their website , every forum and the BBS in Atlanta and make a complaint. Also call the title company and make sure they know what Lorrie Todd is doing. She is the owner Find out from them if they have already paid her. Most likely they have. Make sure they do not give her any additional business.

I was able to friend her on facebook. I have now placed a report on her on her facebook page. I,m sure a few of her freinds and collegue will see it before she blocks me

Shame them publicly, professionally and personally
 Hope they learn their lesson. That does not stop them from switching names and companies and do this again.
Notable amongst such cheats are Michael Tomlinson ( thenotaryspot), John Hoyt ( TheNotaryPool)
Now this lady joins the hall of shamers.

Any company that cannot pay and says we have 45 days to 60 days polich is just saying BULL $ |-| i T 
 If a Signing service cannot pay on time, never take up work, if you did, contact title and let them know.

See my comments below. I did finally get a check from them on August 14, 2017, 90 days after settlement. IT BOUNCED! Anyone know of any legal options? Since it was mailed, is it mail fraud? Do you think anyone in the law enforcement community would even care?

Absolutely. The state of Georgia takes bounce check very seriously. Same for the state of Texas

I received a bankruptcy notification from Terrence and Lorrie Todd doing business as North Georgia Home Rescue. I also received an email today that was emailed to the 600 notaries who were stiffed by the American Signing Connection. In the email it details that there will be a hearing on 10/06/2017 @ 2pm and the Todds must attend. We notaries can have our voices heard via email or letter. To mail your letter send to Tiffany E. Caron PO Box 9056 Savannah, GA 31412 or email her assistant to Kathleen Reynolds at katrey@swbell.net.

In your letter or email include answers from this list of questions:

a. Did American Signing Connection hire you to perform notarial services for mortgage documents on their behalf? Did you know that a notary is a public servant?
b. Was American Signing Connection paid all monies due by the title companies but kept your portion for the notarial services you provided on their behalf?
c. Were numerous collection attempts to American Signing Connection ignored, or did they give you reasons why you were not paid? What were your collection attempts?
d. Did they continue taking orders from several title companies, still collect money from those title companies, but didn’t pay you?
e. Does it appear to you that American Signing Connection stopped paying notaries late last year, but continued to take orders for closings as late as two days before they closed their doors, knowing full well they had no intentions of paying notaries, all the while still collecting full fees from the title companies and keeping your portion for the notarial services you provided on their behalf?
f. Have title companies and lenders refused to pay you because they already paid American Signing Connection for the notarial services you provided?
g. Does Lorrie Todd’s presence on social media (i.e., facebook) suggest that there have been items sold recently such as golf packages, office equipment, etc., but yet nothing was paid out to notaries?
h. Can you provide confirmations, invoices, e mails, etc. to and from American Signing Connection, as well as dates of services provided and amounts owed to you?
i. Can you provide names and telephone numbers of title companies? Are title companies saying they paid American Signing Connection all monies owed yet nothing was ever paid out to you? Who did you speak with at these companies?
j. Do you consider this a business that couldn’t make it and closed their doors? Or do you consider this a ruthless crime of theft of notarial services, or quite possibly mortgage fraud? If title companies paid American Signing Connection for the notarial services provided by almost 600 notaries across the country, yet they refused to pay what was owed to the notaries, do you feel that this is a crime to use the United States Bankruptcy Court as protection? Where did all that money go?
k. Why did the bankruptcy get filed under Terrance J. Todd and Lorrie L. Todd and the only business listed on the paperwork sent to creditors was North Georgia Home Rescue? Most notaries do not recognize any of these names as they were hired by American Signing Connection, LLC. Do you think this was an oversight on their part or do you feel like it was done on purpose so you wouldn’t pursue discharge of debts to a company you didn’t think owed you any money?
l. Do you agree that unfortunately the non-payment of notarial services for mortgage closings by unscrupulous third party signing companies has become an epidemic in this industry?
m. Do you feel it is the duty of the United States Federal Bankruptcy Trustee to protect notaries against such atrocities, by not allowing Terrance J. Todd and Lorrie L. Todd of American Signing Connection, LLC to be allowed to discharge their debt owed to almost 600 hard-working notaries across the country who in good faith performed notarial services for them and then not get paid?
n. Do you think Terrance J. Todd and Lorrie L. Todd of American Signing Connection should be allowed to have their debts to almost 600 notaries discharged, or do you think the notaries deserve to be paid?

I hope this helps!! Good day

1 Like