Anyone going to the NNA conference 5/2019?

If so, WHY?
If not, why not?

Never been, never plan to go.
I don’t see how it would benefit my business to spend $1000+ for the conference, hotel and airfare. And then also miss out on 3-4 days of business and potentially lose hundreds of dollars of revenue during the summer, which is my busiest time of the year.
I’ve personally just never found the NNA to be that big an asset for me.

I only go when its in the state of CA where I live. You don’t miss out much on business if you stay local and I do find the training and sessions worthwhile.

I’m going and it will be my first!

Yes!!! I go every year. The seminars are timely and full of information, tips, experiences and wisdom you don’t readily get from other sources. The vendor booths provide great handouts, some useful freebies and most of the larger Title Companies are there as well as some direct lenders. In addition the NNA stays up-to-date on the trends in the industry and provides this information directly to attendees via the classes and general session speakers they line up. If you want to succeed and stay ahead of the curve as a Notany and/or a Signing Agent this is the place to be . Plus this year especially everything is about to change with online (eDocs) Signings. Topics we expect to hear discussed include: How will it be rolled out by state, what “tools” will Notaries need to be successful in this new world of online signings and most of all- how will it affect our bottom line.

Yes I will be going, this is my 4th year. I really enjoy the seminars and the vendors. It’s also a great way to meet other notaries and make some great connections. It’s also a great time to meet your state Ambassador and other notaries that have been in the business for a long time are a wealth of knowledge. And it’s also fun!!

What state are you from? I highly recommend the First Timer’s class that is held on Sunday if you able to attend.

Hi Arichter: Here’s a good reason related to our earlier posts on CA notaries. They backstabbed our industry as greedy glutinous profiteers when they are really not supposed to be doing this as a “not for profit” organization. I’ve since canceled my 10 year NNA membership. To give some background, in 2008 they tried to make us electronic notaries and make tons of money off of products, electronic signatures, etc. They were slapped down and lost a lawsuit.

This time they are looking once again to use notaries as pawns but this time they have no intention on protecting our industry as complete sell outs. They are behind the website Notarize.com awaiting their fortunes at our expense! They are greedy and have been outed for not doing a thing to protect our industry from corporate sharks.

Please visit the law section on the Notary Cafe forum for their latest support of the CA Online Notary Act (remote notaries via video conferencing) that is in no way needed, there is already a similar law that does not infringe on our business enterprises. Further, they are out for their own interests and not our businesses that have paid them each year for their various enterprises.

Mike Miller’s response to me as organizer of against the Online Notary Act in California.

Hey Cheryl, great work! I need all the help I can get. The NNA is the enemy, they are in the back pocket of notarize.com and do not reflect the interests of their members. I canceled my membership early last year after they basically told me that my concerns are not theirs.
Matt Miller
Notary Public / Owner
Matt Miller Mobile Notary

Here is the information about why video conferencing CA notaries should be a no brainer, bad idea. https://patch.com/california/san-francisco/oppose-ab-199-california-online-notary-act-2019

Finally…someone who thinks! Thanks, Matt, for your spot on understanding of reality.