Application signing

Lots of questions about these docs including blank pages. Will be calling the company and asking questions. Do you call the lender or the signing service company that sent the docs.
Any tips n these docs.?

You call your hiring entity - they may refer you to the LO to get your questions answered.

Make sure you price yourself properly. These signings can take just as long as the final signing and the packages can be just as large - the only thing is when I did these I only printed one copy - the borrower did not get a copy of the app package (your instructions may differ).

Most app signings I was contacted for provided for payment at time of loan closing, which was not acceptable to me - suppose the loan never closed? When I did them my time was 30 days for payment regardless of loan closing. I changed that a few years ago and decided I’d only do them for payment in advance.

You’ll be required to pick up documentation from the borrowers. Be clear in your confirmation call that they are to have the documents ready for you and have them write down what needs to be ready. If you don’t know what you need to pick up, ask your hiring party to provide a list of what they want returned. Nothing worse than sitting in a home for 2 hours or more while borrowers search for the documents that they’ve been told previously that they needed to have.

Again, allow sufficient time to do this; make sure you have a phone number for the LO to get their questions answered; and make sure you price yourself sufficiently.

Good Luck

Besides what Linda said: $125 minimum fee…Add more for faxbacks and travel.

1 Like

Thank you Linda. This was a real learning experience. The package was 105 pages long.Signatures only. Husband and Wife. It was obvious from the time I got there this was her idea not his. We sat at the kitchen table and he stood the whole time. They are also Spanish speaking .Since he seemed unconformable I offered to go through the documents first so he could review and then go back and sign everything . We called the lender once because of the names on the documents on a couple other questions she had. I did ask again if they had any question other questions they wanted to discuss with the lender and they both said no.
The wife kept trying to talk him into doing the application. I had explain from the beginning I am not an attorney and can’t give advice. They both had to agree and do this of their own free will. That was not happening so he actually thanked me and left the room she stood up and say sorry and thank you for coming.
I loaded the update on the website and went home. About an hour later I got a call from the lender Yelling at me because I should have called him back when they refused to sign so he could talk to them. Well they didn’t want to talk to him anymore. He kept yelling at me and telling me I have to do my job they are paying me for and make them sign. I remained calm and told him no my job is not to force people to sign documents they don’t want to sign. I wrote an email to the company that sent me the signing explaining what had happened.
So frustrating not sure if I will get paid anything I was there for an hour. Don’t think I will take this type of signing anymore. I will stick to the closing loan docs. I will NEVER try to talk people into doing something they don’t want to do. I do speak Spanish so they understood what I was saying.

Couple things…you did the right thing. If they don’t want to sign OR call their LO, there is nothing you can or should do about either of those except what you did. ONCE, as instructed, I called LO on my cell to report that they didn’t want to sign a loan and was still sitting there 20 minutes later listening to B & LO argue on my cell! Never again! How the company who hired you handles this should only determine whether or not you work for this co/lender again, but don’t let it stop you from doing Application signings in the future. We’ve all experienced no-signs, but they are rare. That being said, some lenders have a bad track record for no-signs.

While I don’t condone any LO yelling at you, it does happen and is rare. Just understand that while you have a few hours into this, they have hours and hours involved (and probably need the commission) and are very upset when it goes down the tubes. You handled the lender’s call right, too.

1 Like

Blank pages could be because of your printer or the docs themselves. It’s best to be sure you are receiving everything - call the entity that sent the docs to you and make sure you have everything. Better safe than sorry!

2 Likes