Background check

Anyone been denied work because of 2 misdemeanors on a BC? They are not even related to notary work or ethics. Both for driving - DUI and 1 suspended license. Years ago, all resolved. My report that I received says “does not meet requirements” and I’m wondering why the heck not? NO felonies.

When I signed up, before I paid, I specifically asked if a problem and was told it would not be. Now I hear that it is up to the company/lender you sign with.

I apologize in advance but, since I don’t know you, I have to ask the following questions:

1. Where are you located?
  2. Are you already a commissioned notary?
  3. Is a BGC done during your commissioning process?
  4. How long ago were these infractions? And are you sure they were only misdemeanors?

I would say that if a BGC is done for the commissioning, and your background was clear enough for your state to issue your commission, it should be good enough for you to be given work. And now, Question #5 - who did the report that said “does not meet requirements”?

Here are the answers:

1. Michigan - already read the state req. and I don’t see anything funny
  2. Yes, MI gave me my commission
  3. I just received the report this week - ordered weeks ago
  4. Only misdemeanors - 2011 and 2013
  5. The company was Accurate Background. I didn’t contact because I’m not disputing anything in the report

The shitty company I’ve been dealing with is Real Notary Pros. They are the worst!! I have to call several times a day just to get nowhere with them.

“The shitty company I’ve been dealing with is Real Notary Pros”

Enough said - search here for that company - they have making headlines lately.

Hello. This is true. It is totally up to the assigning company. I have been doing this for sometime now. I had an arrest and it was thrown out. Out of 63 companies 1 denied me. You have to keep at it don’t get discouraged. Once your foot is in the door you then have to prove yourself. Believe it or not these companies do surveys on your work. With that being said, be positive and Good Luck!

Check your notary book. In NC you can get two people to write recommendations for you and you can possible get by with that record. Good luck!