Coast to Coast Signings- learning

Hi there Linda, I was referring to the above.
:slight_smile:
We would never offer $25 for something we get $125 on. We never offer $25.00 for anything but maybe a grant deed a few miles away
 maybe
 usually $30-$40

My mistake, I just saw the one where she quoted $25. I just scrolled back and saw the other post. My apologies for my error

1 Like

I just had a signing yesterday. They said ASAP signing $90 I had nothing to do so I was like sure. They took so long that I was able to take another ASAP signing by the time I got the docs. (not ASAP notary agency) Had docs and was on the way when I get a message that more docs were uploaded. WTF!!! The notary agency that assigned me the signing, who I am working with for the first time, calls me and keep pausing so that they don’t cuss because they are so mad. The title company sent the second set of docs and then stopped answering there calls. So we couldn’t tell what needed to be replaced. The agency upped my fee greatly without me asking. My new favorite agency.

Hey Steves11
 You mentioned “will learn what the hot buttons are?” Can you give some examples. I too am a newbie, just asking for mental note. Thanks in advance.

The “hot buttons” you should be looking for are things that matter to you in terms of whether a job is right for you at a certain fee. It could be different things for different people. If it is outside of a particular distance that you’ve set for yourself, or includes scanbacks, is at a time of day when traffic is the heaviest, is outside of the hours you like to work. Maybe it’s raining and you don’t feel like driving to that area in the rain. It could be anything. Essentially, you have to make an instant decision whether that job is right for you at the fee offered. As you gain experience, it will become easier for you to know immediately if you want a job or not. You also need to consider what other jobs you have that day and whether you could be impacted by having to wait for documents. There are many things that go into deciding if a particular job is right for you and usually you only have a few seconds to decide before it gets snapped up by someone.

1 Like

Sorry to said but you get for what you ask. I wonder what was your profit after all the expenses and time. Again I am sorry but because notaries as you is that those signing company always take control. Let me give you a little of business 101 and not only you also for all those other’s who accepting ridiculous offer. Always paid you first and then adding all your expenses (travel (r/t), copies (2 sets), extra travel to FedEx, and Faxback (my god). I don’t know you but I was the one to counteroffer my prices running between $175.00 and $200.00.

I do not want to assume but I hope the tone of your email was to educate and not condemn as condescending as it sounds. New agents that are learning the business WILL make errors. If they use the time to learn and grow and understand that other agents have made these errors it should not be a SHAME ON YOU moment. To write this post shows an understanding of the mistake- there were no questions asked or blame intended.

I am the person that audits your loan sets, you can always contact me 7 days a week. We value our notaries at C2C and I am here to help if you do not understand a document or where you or the signer should sign. The text you got is automated. If you run behind or something happens, talk to your signer/s and let them know your running behind and just update us on SnapDocs and we will move the time. You will find that every company send those automated completion texts one hour after signing time

Thank you for the comment that was fair and balanced. I am with the Audit department with C2C so I am the person that looks at alot of the loan sets. Trust me our fees are fair, we value our notaries and the notary always makes more than we do. People do not take into account that we/I walk notaries through errors to get them fixed and do not automatically deduct their pay. Any of you can contact me directly if you need anything 215-693-3430

Hey there, I am Kasey and I am the person that audits the loan sets for errors, as you know from talking to Lisa she is fair and honest. The notary always makes more than C2C. We value our notaries and do alot behind the scenes that the notaries do not know about and we work with the notaries if there are errors with docs and do not mind helping when they are eager to learn. Reach out to us if you need anything. Trust me, if we get $125 for a signing we would love to give it all to the notary but we would not make any money at the same time. We all are here to help and you can contact any of us directly 215-693-3430

It might be different in Hawaii- don’t know- but is physically impossible to do more than 4 a day unless someone else is printing and flagging and the locations are a reasonable distance from each other. No offers ever come through for $125 in my area unless last minute. So however you are doing this, an envious. I do know that most signing companies make about $25-$50
 a signing- They really need to negotiate their fees better with Title companies, but then again, the signing companies are competing with each other to get Title companies, lawyers, etc registered with them. All in all, the notary is low person on the totem poll carrying about 80% of all the responsibility. Does not seem fair.

I have done a lot of Loan Signings with Coast to Coast and I learned the hard way too, not giving enough notice to prepare the documents because they wait to the last minute to send them. But my main problems with them, is they don’t pay on time or pay at all. I am still waiting for payments on several assignments I completed since May. I keeping sending messages through Snapdocs and I keep calling. In fact, other Loan companies are terrible about paying Signing agents as well. This can be a lucrative business for us, if we can just get paid, and get paid less than 30 days. If you don’t keep track, they sure will not remind you. I love doing this but I am beginning to have second thoughts. Something needs to be done about this. We need to pull together as loan Signing Agent and demand a change. We provide a great service to these companies and we should be compensated accordingly with respect and appreciation. But, this will always be the case, if we don’t do anything!

Kasey,
I was wondering if you could answer me something since you seem to be very active on this post. This week was a real mess. Four no-signs. One was that the term was wrong, one was that the LO did not satisfy the borrower’s questions, one was that the borrower did not have valid ID and one just didn’t show up at his own house and I had to have his son find him only to tell me that he wasn’t coming.

For each one of those, I did the work and made it to the appointment and for all but one, went inside and sat with the borrower. Yet my fee was cut in half for all of them. I know we sign an agreement, but it’s not really real until you are sitting in someone’s driveway thinking WTF? How do you just not show up? So the question is, why are the Signing Agents the ones penalized for the LO or the Signer not fulfilling their side? Thanks for your insight.

1 Like

C2C for the most part has been a good company. My concern is that they don’t communicate well. I just did a signing in Lancaster PA which is almost 2 hours from home. The pay offer was spot on so I agreed at 430 pm for a 730 pm signing. By 5 pm the documents arrived giving me less than an hour and a half to print, review and leave for the signing. The documents both sets printed poorly, there was another notaries name on the documents, and C2C told me to do the best with what I had. Even though I noted on the snap docs file the problems I had no one addressed them until I received a call about problems. My forgetting a signature was easily fixed. The page breaks and multiple form misprints was going to require reprint and resigning. In the email between the company the bulk of the letter was about my mistakes and anger. That person neglected to sight for the company the number of times I documented problems. To date no one has addressed the remarks on the snap docs site. Be careful when taking a late signing ask for the facts especially when the signing is being rushed.

Please see beware post in reference to C2C under experiences

Please do not say that about my boss, she is more than fair and if you took time to talk to her and write and email or even call she will make sure you are taken care of and that whatever issue you have is resolved to the best of her ability within 24 hr. I also have the ability to help you with your concerns, just talk to us personally before you bash people in the open and discourage new notaries and old alike.

Did I answer your question? I am not sure it posted but you can contact me direct also kasey.kyle@c2csignings.com 215-693-3430

I checked and you have been paid on time Net30 as we pay all our notaries, please contact us if you have pay issues or any other issues. kasey.kyle@c2csignings.com I will help you or point you in the right direction, but please do not say we do not pay on time.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing your experience. However, for example if a person clicks on a $75 Refinance and accepts without knowing what there getting, then I guess it will be up to the NSA to take it or leave it.
I believe in always having a back up plan as a business owner. If I would have gotten a surprise whopping 300 page Refinance with 4 signers wanting 2 sets of copies and scan back plus I got docs very late, it would’ve went something like this:
1 set of docs printed only
No Scan backs period
As a business owner I have to be WAY ahead of people when they are trying to take advantage of me. But to be honest, as a newby I would NEVER do a signing like that for $75. My cost for 2 sets of documents are .30cents and at 600 pages that alone is $180 bucks. To scan back is .30cents $90. So if I only print 1 set of docs that’s $90. I’m in the negative by -$15. And I haven’t even left the house yet. By the time NotaryGadget calculates all the time, mileage, gas, notarial acts, etc., I would be looking like Boo Boo the Fool. Not gonna happen. It is a very depressing feeling to look and see those expenses come out of the $150 I charged for a signing and to see how much I actually made. It would be even worse if I took a $75 assignment and it showed a negative was made which has not happened yet because I know how to do business and I don’t sell myself short. Be blessed.

1 Like

Thank you for providing your insight. But in retrospect, I have learned 2 things BUT it’s not about my experience as a new agent. I have learned not to post mistakes that have helped me to learn, thrive and teach others the pitfalls of this business. Since this posting, I have heard so many self-righteous, “never me”, could have, would have, and should have. THE POINT I HAVE LEARNED IS MUCH MORE OBVIOUS- if you sense any agitation it’s from reading a post that would have been helpful prior to my experience-Be Blessed.