Coast to Coast Signings- learning

We all make mistakes, nobody is perfect. But there is also common sense and constructive criticisms. Everyone is here to give their input and it’s not about being self-righteous. You learned and I have learned. I know I’ve made mistakes. I posted My mistake that I made on this post too a while back and learned from people who gave their input. The point is too not be discouraged. Everyone who posted something about your post has had a similar experience that’s why they can give you insight and their opinion. I hate to see anyone taken advantage of and I believe all the NSA’s feel the same. So keep your head up and keep moving. Don’t be discouraged. Be blessed.

1 Like

Thank you for that information. I really wish the NSA community would rally together and establish minimum fee standards. I think $75 is too low for ANY scan back transaction. And, late docs (meaning less than 3hrs prior to closing) should be a minimum +$50 because they can bring a slew of issues; such as, stress, little to no time for prep, could delay other appointments, and/or cause you to turn away same day business. Now, we all learn to push through these circumstances with a smile and provide our best level of service to the signers, that’s a given. My point is that there’s no recourse in place that considers how these and other things impact us personally and professionally.

Excellent idea. I think I’ll try adding that to my negotiations. $50 more for docs within 3 hours.

I’m with you. Let’s do it!

I agree this is a great idea.

Understood. Thank you, because of the breakdown you provided this information will help new notaries before they make the same mistake. I am now close to my 100th signing since Feb and have learned a lot of information that I share with new notaries. While I still have a lot to learn myself I have a clear understanding of my business model and profit margins. I am only urging other experienced notaries to use their knowledge in a proactive forum so we can truly advance this profession.

Stay Blessed.

I’m proud of you getting close to your 100th Signing. :star_struck: I’m new since June and only have 12 signings under my belt. It’s been slow for me here in Texas. But I’m patient and praying and waiting and I keep marketing myself. Like my Mom reminded me Rome was not built in a day. Thank you for inspiring me. Stay strong and Stay safe and stay blessed.:pray:t6:

I am in New Jersey which was slow a few months ago as well. It began to really pick up in June and has been non-stop. But I understand this business is cyclical and you must have other strategies under your belt to keep growing. Mistakes still happen but I continue to use that as fuel. Many of these signing companies also make profit their priority so I have to do the same.

Hi Lisa,
Thanks for your post.
I have just completed 5 assignments with C2C and am unsure of how I get paid.
I did try calling the number listed for C2C but the mailbox was “full”.
I did send an email to Accounting@NotaryDash.com. One reply. They asked for my Order #'s which I sent. But, have not heard back since.
Any insight will be helpful.
Thank you, Dee

They pay 30 days. Never had a problem with them.

1 Like

That was an inspiring and balanced reply.

Im sorry you had a bad experience. I do some jobs with C2C but I would never accept anything now below $150. You fell into their lowball trap and I bet they did not inform you the # of signers or pages. That job would had been $250 for my counter offer. When I first started out, my first signing was $90 and 5 signers and took 3 hours. Never again! Please do not short-change yourself. You can always negotiate higher. Good luck.

C2C has been paying in about 30 days, at least 4 me.

Agreed- I never had that kind of situation again. Its been 100+ signings since then and now my base fee is $175. Its been a great learning experience and I am happy to have learned it early.

2 Likes

Good for you! Congratulations on achieving your 100 signings. I’m almost there with 96. Could have had 100 by now if some did not cancel on me.

1 Like

People have to realize, Coast 2 Coast have two separate divisions. One for NotaryDash.com (which I’m to9ld they own) that ONLY pays $30.00 NO MATTER WHAT! Documents usually 11-35 pages. No bad. The other division average pay starts @ $75.00 but can pay higher, ONLY if you negotiate.

I wish we could see the numbers of pages to an assign before we accept, but that is impossible.

1 Like

C2C is a waste of my time. Those $35 signings are loan modifications. You still have to print, call and confirm, drive to place and mail docs. It’s a waste of my time and it’s not worth it. Their other loan signing offers…a big joke.

2 Likes

I don’t deal with them, and I believe they have removed my name or sunk my name to the bottom of their list :rofl::rofl::rofl: very rare I get signings from them, and I just don’t even bother in answering not even a NO thank you!

Thank you for feedback, alot of times the escrow documents are uploaded separately from the lender documents so they do not upload them at the same time, if a loan set is 110 pages for example always ask and or check and see if the 30-40 pages of escrow documents are there, average loan set with lender and escrow documents are about 130-160 pages. We at C2C appreciate your hard work, let our team know if you need any help or extra training

What happened that you feel this way, C2C can make it right with you