Coast2Coast Signings $30/ Snapdocs

All of that is calculated. For one, the label is provided. Secondly, I stay 30 seconds from everything so travel isn’t anything. Even if I do choose to accept a far assignment, it will not be for $30. Also, I see you are in Nevada. Your state laws are way different than mine. I can’t set my own travel fees. The state sets them at $0.58/mile. I CHOOSE not to include local travel because I will still make no money on travel. I only charge travel fees once I travel outside of the county. I’M ALL GOOD OVER HERE!!! Keep doing you and mind the business that pays YOU!!

3 Likes

C2C is amazing and I have found Lisa to be very honest, true integrity and strong work ethics.:purple_heart:

2 Likes

Lisa - As I am writing this, I am on a ferry traveling back home from a signing from C2C in the Puget Sound area. C2C’s initial offer was for $125, I countered at $185 which C2C accepted. Four hours later (most of the time being spent in Ferry lines), the job is done, and I’ll be scanning back the docs in an hour.

My point is, C2C was not paid $185 by the title company initially. You had to get their approval. But you got it. And everybody won. So everybody out there, when the low ball offer goes out, determine what you can do the job for and counter. Sometimes you get the offer accepted. The rest of the time, be thankful you didn’t accept the initial offer!

1 Like

Interesting in your note is that we will not get even your fee. We will get $125.00. However in the 19 years since starting SoCal Signing Co, (c2c dba) we often lose money on files, every single day. But clients trust us, and its not always about the money for us. I truly the partnerships. If you lose money on some files, but you get all of a clients files… its a win.

Its how I was when I was a signing agent also. You build amazing relationships this way.
this is just my business model, it does not need to be everyone.

Lisa

2 Likes

Hello, I am not on this web site often, however I will try to answer. It is true the signing agent does the loan signing, or modification signing. This is very true.
Do you also know how much it costs to acquire a new client? Many signing agents carry insurance, a bond, and errors and omissions insurance.
Coast2Coast carries 5 million dollars of E&O, 5 million of automobile insurance, 5 million in cyber insurance, 5 million in general liability insurance at a cost of 35k a year.
We also provide our employees health insurance and 401k so overhead is high, and yet we still take on the mod product

the loan mod we lose money on 21 %.of the orders each month, I do not expect anyone to take them if their business model can not afford them.
There is no debate here, if you cant do them because your costs are too much, don’t accept them.
But since First Am is our largest client, and most of our business is NOT loan mods then I will continue to keep them going.
That is my business model.

Lisa
if you want to ask me a question that gets a quicker answer email me lisa@c2csignings.com

2 Likes

thank you so much for going the extra mile on this file.
its a true partnership.

I started replying with 500 - LOL! I finally just blocked them (chose I do not want to work with this company)

3 Likes

Thank you for at least using the word “overhead,” people do not realize how many people are involved at C2C just to get an order and the documents to notary, we are always welcome to listen if something needs to be increased.
But trust me, at C2C a loan mod payment is not coming to us for $200 from the lender and then we give the notary $30, trust me that is not the case…

I’ve been a signing agent for 6 months now. Within those six months, I used C2C quite often. I learned to execute mods, thru C2C, and it has served its purpose. However, after doing multiple ones, realized I was doing more work for only $30. After I did my cost analysis, I was losing money. I would counter offer, often, but never will get a response. So, as Lisa recommended, I blocked C2C from my account. Since then, I have done several modifications for other companies and have gotten paid $65 for them, after negotiating. You must know your worth and value while doing this business and if a company don’t want to agree then you simply just move on.

6 Likes

I did one signing and I’m still not paid. Emails aren’t replied to, $30??? Nope. I negotiated to $75 and got it probably because of desperation - but never received it. I’m blocking and further orders from them. Know your worth and I will take it to small claims court.

1 Like

I do when they are in my zip code. They are only 20 to 30 pages

With all of that said, your previous statement cannot be completely honest. Without the money you would not be in business. Lose money on ‘21%’ of your mod product each month? How is that? Take $125, pay $30. The numbers don’t add up and seem to be taken out of thin air.

3 Likes

C2C does not get $125 for a loan mod and give the notary 30, that simply is not true, the notary ALWAYS make more on the job we contracted than C2C does. Reasonable upgrades in pay can me made, just ask, C2C is flexible