Elite Mobile Notary

Took a job for this company. Confirmed with the client they would be there. Drove 70 mile round trip, spent 45 minutes for everyone to verify client not making appointment, took picture requested. Billed them $68.00. Got paid $30.00.

Lowball company -

No offense intended, but you are working way too cheap
basically at $68, your car is being paid, but you aren’t! Your time, equipment, paper, toner are being given away for free. Sometimes you will see a ‘lower no-sign fee’ in an order, but mostly, many treat this situation as a ‘gotcha’. When traveling a good distance, whether or not they’ve addressed a no-sign fee, I insist upon full fee regardless of outcome or find another notary/sucker. It’s harder to re-negotiate AFTER you’ve completed it, but worth a try.

3 Likes

Hurrah for you!!! It’s time more folks realize what it costs to do this business. My analysis shows it cost me $65.05 to do a loan within 25 miles of my office. There is no profit in it and there is no vehicle/equipment replacement cost figured into this $65.05
 My minimum fee is $100 plus $25.00 for fax/scan backs if any. I DO NOT TAKE LESS THAN THIS! I still have all the work I want. The old saying “if you don’t ask for it, you won’t get it” is true.

I can almost guarantee you, when you take a low ball, the next call for that time slot will be full fee.

Does that $65.05 include Federal Income Tax (and state if applicable)? Many notaries doing this work do not realize that their income is fully taxable - and the only thing exempt from any taxing is the fee for the actual notarization itself (the fee allowed by the state) and that’s only exempt from SE Taxes.

The $68 was for mileage and printing ONLY. The total fee would have been 125 IF the client was there and the signing went through

Over 95% of my jobs are at least 40 miles away, most are over 60 miles. I rarely will do a job for less than 125-150, because my time is valuable also, and even in Texas it takes time to travel 60 miles.

I also have had a bad experience with this company and will not take any more assignments from them. Besides being rude, they will wait until you accept an assignment to tell you of the additional supplies you must buy or shipping you must provide out of pocket. I feel like this should be disclosed before I accept the fee and not in the special instructions. Secondly, I find they have a lot of cancellations and rescheduling problems which cost me money. When I charged them $25 for a rebooking fee they removed me from the signing.

I am new at this and dont know how to recoop my lost wages when they (any signing company) has me reserve an entire day for a client for a TBA time and then the date falls through. I have cancellation fees and rebooking fees listed on my profile but they seem to ignore it. Any suggestions?

I really think you need to take another look at the fees you’ve quoted above. Still seems to me you’ve got your car expenses covered, but not your time and other expenses.

I recently had a weird experience with Elite
they needed a notary quickly and it was a purchase
the job started out as $80 and then they added faxbacks and then they went from 125 pages to 155 pages and I requested a fee of $120
they paid me w/in 7 days and the check was for $140
go figger

1 Like

Because that’s what the job is actually minimally worth. Really. Slightly big package for a purchase
probably a Purchase & Loan and faxbacks, too.

Elite Mobile Notary is not paying their invoices/notaries since October 2019 to date. Their excuse last month is that their bank account was hacked but they are still accepting and giving out assignments. Meaning they are accepting payments through their hacked account just not paying. I will not work for them again as I am now essentially worked for free for a few months with no payment in sight.