Experiences with RON & DocVerify?!?!?

After Florida legalized Remote Online Notarization on January 1st 2020, I jumped on it hoping to expand my business. Right now, I am in the middle of the process to register as a RON and - according to the statutes in Florida - have to contract a RON Service Provider before sending out the application to the Secretary of State.
I had the NNA send me a list with RON SP’s and chose DocVerify after comparing them.

Here is my take about the fees of DocVerify:
I think you would need the Enterprise Version from DocVerify in order to do RON’s. The Enterprise License costs 40/Month and gives you 30 Credits. You need one credit per Remote Notarization, if you want to do more than 30 RON’s/Month you would have to buy multiple Licenses.

Q) Is that correct or can you do RON’s with the professional version for $10/Month and if you can use to professional version for notarization’s, are there additional costs that have to be considered (like per notarial act, etc.)

The KBA Questions are additional costs. DocVerify doesn’t clearly list how much they charge, but from another provider I’ve learned that they run around $1.50/attempt (doesn’t sound like much, but it’s still 6% of the revenue per attempt). Every user has two attempts to answer those questions. Means there could be an additional $3 per transaction and in case the person can’t answer the questions both times, I assume I would have to pay for it, without having any revenue from that client at all.
I guess most people should be able to answer those questions with ease, but some might not be able to (my wife for example had her Identity stolen a few years ago and never gets those KBA questions right).

Q) How much does DocVerify charge per KBA attempt?

Q) How often does it happen, that clients can’t answer those KBA questions at all or need a second try?

Q) Are there any additional costs per transaction, besides those for DocVerify Credits and KBA Questions, that I missed?

Here is my take on the Customer Support at DocVerify:
I have tried to solicit an affirmation that their platform satisfies the requirements of the new law and rules adopted by the Department of State in Florida, via email. They basically responded with an email that contained a link to a question in their FAQ that hardly matched my question and didn’t give a definitive answer. Since DocVerify was one of the NNA’s suggestions, I assume that they do satisfy the requirements. Also, I hope that the DOS would not allow me to select DocVerify as a RON SP if they wouldn’t comply with the laws (I have to name them on my application).

Q) Is there a Customer Support in case there are technical issues with a RON or do I have to go through their FAQ with a client waiting during a live call?

Q) Is there already a RON reading this post, using DocVerify or any other Service Provider? What are your experiences?

1 Like

I have no answers, but am pleased to see you asking the many good questions surrounding this latest bright idea (dumpster fire, imo) and sorry that you’re not getting definitive answers from those who provide the ‘technology’.required. Honestly, I think buying into this concept right now is like buying a lottery ticket…yeah, somebody wins, but it probably won’t be you.

FWIW, my identity has not been stolen and I don’t get those KBA questions right either.

1 Like

Hello Chris,

I have used DocVerify for over a year. I will try to answer your questions.

*Q) Is that correct or can you do RON’s with the professional version for $10/Month and if you can use to professional version for notarization’s, are there additional costs that have to be considered (like per notarial act, etc.)
A. You must use the Enterprise Edition for RON transactions

Q) How much does DocVerify charge per KBA attempt?
A. If I remember correctly, $2.00 per signer.

Q) How often does it happen, that clients can’t answer those KBA questions at all or need a second try?
A. Not very often but it does happen.

Q) Are there any additional costs per transaction, besides those for DocVerify Credits and KBA Questions, that I missed?
A. There is an additional fee if you want the entire session recorded. My understanding is that the signing portion gets recorded as part of the normal fee so I try to group all the critical information into that portion of the session.

Q) Is there a Customer Support in case there are technical issues with a RON or do I have to go through their FAQ with a client waiting during a live call?
A. This is their one drawback. All support is email support. However, they do respond fairly promptly when I have had questions.

Q) Is there already a RON reading this post, using DocVerify or any other Service Provider? What are your experiences?
A. I am also on Notarize. They have a more fluod experience but you need to be aware that they are a call center so if you don’t want to work for lower fees, you may not find them an answer. However, the trade-off is that they bear the coat of all of the technology so if someone fails the KBA, they bear the cost. It also costs much less than DocVerify to get set up because they are designed to be a company to contract with whereas DocVerify is designed for you to run your own individual business platform so you bear all the costs of doing that.

Your choice is based on what you want from your business. I have chosen a mix of the two. That way,I have steady income and when I get a request for work where I can make the higher fee, I log off Notarize to handle it and then hop back on to Notarize to fill in the income gap.

Hope this helps

2 Likes

Are you still doing business with Notarize and DocVerify? Whats changed since your 2021 post pertaining to functionality, pricing, and bringing your own clients? I used Notarize in late 2021 and earned next to nothing per day ($40 on a good 4 hour shift with an avg of 6 clients). I stopped wasting my time and did Mobile Notary Signing Agent jobs.
I’m looking at jumping back in to RON to solve a current situation and I’m curious about DocVerify and their plans and credit fees. I watched all of the videos they have on their website, but what I didn’t see was an indication of any type of onboarding training.

Please advise.

1 Like

I am still doing RON on Notarize as a contractor. You likely hopped onto Notarize jist about the time they were beginning to have more notaries than work. It has slowed down more since the Fed raised their rates. I switched from DocVerify to OneNotary a few months ago. OneNotary costs $25.00 per month plus a fee for each signing but you have to bring your own business there until you have reached 100 signings before they will let you handle their customers. Hope this helps

1 Like

I appreciate it. Thank you.

It all sounds too complicated to me.

1 Like

Are you still using DocVerify? I am a new notary that is looking forward to doing E-notary work. I could definitely use some quality intro training (im sure i could figure it out …but training would speed things up). Any suggestions on where to find an intro video?