How did you get started with your first few assignments?

Will you share what is the first things you did after you passed your Loan signing exam please? Where was your training from and how long till your first few assignments?

My training was with The Notary Learning Center, they provided me with a list of about 300 signing companies. I spent a good deal of time emailing ALL of them! Most of them accepted my application, some said I needed at least 50 signings before I could be placed in their system. After about 2 months I started getting calls. My first jobs were with Loan-Closers, I enjoyed working with them, however, now they have lowered their fees so I no longer work with them. At this time I work with about 17 companies on a regular basis completing 20-30 signings per month. I am retired and work to stay busy so this is enough for me.

8 Likes

Gr8 I wonder if there’s mentoring after training and with The Notary Learning Center?
Do you email the companies from your email stating you are new notary and available when they need. And your contact info. What else should I sending or should I be contacting them on Snapdocs?

Also on Snapdocs when posting my info is it all just taking a picture of them and uploading them?

Snapdocs is not the venue you want - you’ll quickly become frustrated by no-pay deadbeat companies who want the moon at your expense. Sign on to 123Notary, Notary Cafe, Notary Rotary, and SigningAgent.com (NNA’s directory). Check their listings (all have them, rating the various signing companies) and determine those with whom you would like to contract. Call each company and speak to vendor relations. VR will tell you what you need to do to get onto their signing list. After that, call weekly - Wednesday is usually good - and ask for work.

Notary Signing Agents are independent contractors. This is a very competitive market. A mentor would basically be handing you part of his/her business, so… good luck with that.

Did you pay or use the free signing companies? Did you need to take a test before they accepted your application?