I need a Title Company or Attorney Office in Sugar Land,TX

I have Googled title companies and just started calling down the list of title companies. I’m looking for one that will allow outside notary’s in to use a room for cash out closings. I have been unsuccessful. Does anyone know of a title company or attorney’s office located south of Houston, TX in the area of Sugar Land or Richmond, TX?
Thank you,
Chandra

Try you libraries. Our library here in Temecula, CA let’s you reserve a study room for 2 hours. For free. Maybe your library has something like that.

The library is a great tip. I have met signers at Starbucks or a local restaurant when their home was not available for their closing. However, in Texas, a HELOC must be done in at a title company or attorney’s office. Thank you.

1 Like

You should try those attorney’s offices to solicit mobile closing jobs instead of office space. I have closed in realtors and lenders offices in my area that have offered using a space if I needed it. I have also picked up attorney’s for mobile closing in my area as well. I am in Florida.

What Chandra is saying is that there is a Texas law that requires her to use a title company or a law office for HELOCs. I, too, have problems in the smaller towns, Chandra. I have had an attorney tell me that he interprets that law to mean that the signer has to be an employee of his. A title company told me that they had had a lawsuit about doing that so they won’t let outsiders do it there anymore. I do have one of each nearby. The title company charges $25 and the law office is free. I understand that in bigger cities, there are bigger fees. I have trouble with getting places in small towns that are a little too far for the signers and the people who set up the signing to want anyone to travel from to here (such as 30 miles or more). Offices there tell me no, too, and there aren’t as many to ask.

When I lived in the DFW area and came across HELOC’s I passed as it was too much trouble to get a law office!

I don’t know if you found a solution to your problem. I am an attorney. My office is in the Arena Towers in southwest Houston, bit far from Sugar Land. Would that work for you?