Inspire Closing Services Poor Notary Support

Good to see Inspire not offering much support to their notaries, again. Phone isn’t ever answered, voice mails aren’t returned, emails go unanswered. This month they dinged me on my monthly invoice/payment for a print/trip fee on an order they had paid me for sometime late last year, without any upfront explanation as to why, nor any answer to my email asking them why they reversed the payment. Just took the money back.

Today I show up for a confirmed refi signing only to have the borrower refuse to open the door any more than a couple inches, expecting me to just hand him documents to take back inside because he was “told it would be a through the door” signing. No one told me anything about it, and the printed signing order says nothing about this requirement. In Arizona, state statute is clear: Notaries must witness the signing of a jurat, something that would not have been possible in this situation. I explained this to the signer but he wouldn’t even accommodate a back patio signing, so I terminated the appointment and left. As a professional, I will not engage in this doorstep signing silliness and refuse orders requesting same.

1 Like

PS–I’m sad to see this go on with Inspire as they’ve put a fair amount of food on my table for over 3 years now. But this complete absence of communication and support doesn’t cut it.

1 Like

I don’t go to closings unless I have personally talked to the signers.

Good, I’m happy for you. What does that have to do with what I posted above?

My bad, I must have misunderstood. I do agree with you on doorstep closings. I would have done exactly what you did. I said NO WAY right from the start. I thought you had not spoken to the borrower. When I confirm I state the signing environment options including a clean dry surface such as a table or counter-top, outside is ok on a back porch or patio as long as we have a table and it is covered (I live in RAIN country) I have had 1 or 2 who ask about the doorstep process and I said no I don’t offer that. The whole point of me being there is to witness them signing the documents. I called our SOS when lenders started this and within 2 weeks they sent out an email to all Notaries in our state with the NO’s and this was at the top of the list. We are in a crazy time right now.

LOL, and I live in the Arizona desert. That anyone could even realistically expect a notary to stand outside in the heat, even in the shade, and wait for docs to be handed back and forth, is just out of touch with reality.

1 Like