Inspire Closings/Mortgage Connect

I have not been paid for 5 closings with them. When I call and finally get somebody on the phone (most of the time there is no answer), I am told they don’t have my invoices. The next time I call I am told my payments are being processed and they are behind. I am done with them.

Have you been paid yet?? I had to email my bill to them 4 times to get paid!!

No I have not. I have sent my invoices at least 6 times and call daily. I lost my patience today and told them to never call me again. BEWARE! If you like to work for free gladly keep closing with them.

Hmmmm, this seems to be a pattern of slow payment with them the past few months? I was under the impression they sent out advices of payment on the second Friday of each month, as long as one’s invoice was in before the end of business, last day of the prior month. This is the second month in a row that has happened to me, after having done business with them for over 3 years.

I can handle not getting paid immediately for signings, but I do expect every company to have a posted payment policy and STICK TO IT.

1 Like

Thank you for posting. I am missing payments from closings at the beginning of October. When I call and someone answers, I am told something different each time. First, it was we didn’t receive your invoices. 2nd, it was you put the wrong file number down (which I did not). 3rd, it was we are behind in processing payments. Today, after my sixth phone call and numerous unanswered emails, I was told they do not have my invoices. I finally lost my composure and blew up on them. Can you blame me?

I can prove I have sent my invoices to them several times. I am done working with them and want everyone else to know about it, unless you want to work for free.

Suggestion:

Send all your invoices to them certified mail, return receipt requested, with a demand letter for payment within XX amount of time or you will take legal action (small claims court)…also, on your letter, cc the title company involved in your signings - and make sure the title company gets not only a copy of your demand letter but a copy of your unpaid invoice. (I’d fax to them too initially before mailing, along with fax to title company)

Nothing will set them crazy quicker than to have you reporting them to the people that sign THEIR checks. Good chance they’ll lose that contract.

Good luck

1 Like

Have you been paid for any October signings at all? I was under the impression that one invoices them once a month, and is paid about two weeks after the end of the month prior.

No payment at all. I have sent them invoices several times.

Good idea, however they are the title company.

Then the certified letter then a copy to their state regulatory agency

1 Like

I am glad you shared this. I received a closing offer from them but refused due to scheduling conflicts and fee to low. Boy I am sure glad I turned down the closing.
If the no pay is their thing I sure won’t do any closings for them at all.

1 Like

Not yet!! Just got off the phone with them!! I was told they ate receiving many calls from notaries wanting to be paid. I recinded on 3 signings I had booked with Inspire for this week, and said no to offers from Mortgage Connect!! I told them that forums were posting info regarding slow or no payment to notarys!! I am spending more time trying to get paid then it takes to do 3 signings.! I also mentioned that they will lose their quality notaries!! I AM DONE

Excellent! Lets keep getting the word out. They will sink themselves.

They keep calling me still for more closings. I am going to block them from my phone. I do not work for free.

Every time you call them they reply with another answer. You are never told the same info. I will not do any more work for Inspire or Mortgage Connect. As I stated earlier, sooner or later they will run out of notaries! They claim they are overloaded with accounts payable! A smart company would hire more people to get the job done in their accounts payable dept.

Now I am concerned. I just completed one for Inspire yesterday and have 2 more scheduled. They were all through a signing service. I will finish the ones I have obligated to, but wait before accepting others to make sure they pay.

I’ve done work for both Inspire and Mortgage Connect for over 3 years and never had any problems getting paid until last month. Their policy up to this point was invoices in by the end of the month will be paid by the second Friday of the following month. Today is the third Friday following the end of October–and no payment advice in my inbox. I’m pissed, and into them for a serious chunk of change.

Will make a call later this morning and see what the deal is. The worst part is ZERO communication from the AP department. They ignore emails.

Good news! I finally got paid! It took me over 3 weeks of calling and emailing daily. They currently still owe me for one closing only. I am still disgusted that I have to chase my payments. All they have to do is send out an email to all of us and explain what is going on versus ignoring everyone. I am still not accepting assignments from them as I do not have time to fight for money I am rightfully owed. I wonder if their appraisers and other vendors are waiting to get paid? I highly doubt it.

Very good.

This AM I contacted someone in Vendor Management, who forwarded my concerns about payment to some “Team Leaders.” A few hours later I received a payment advice for an October Mortgage Connect invoice, but nary a word on my FAR LARGER October Inspire invoice. I asked for a prompt and timely response as to why payment hasn’t been made on it, but haven’t gotten anything but crickets at this point. I’m giving it until Monday morning…

Joni, comprise a letter of your choosing and include:

On (date) we will forward this letter to the Secretaries Of State and Departments of Regulatory Agencies in (your state) and (their state) asking for their assistance and additionally asking them to suspend your authority to conduct business in both states until your obligations to us are satisfied in full plus interest and collection costs.

Also insist that you receive payment by PayPal or if you are comfortable with them having your banking info by wire transfer by the stipulated date.

While I hate doing this, it is more palletable than not getting paid. Everytime that I have email this to a SS/Title I’ve been paid; sometimes the same day.

After that they ‘fire me’ and never do work with me again. I consider that a blessing.

Lastly Joni, have you ever noticed that the companies that pay the least require the most work (package size, scan backs, update calls) and collection efforts?

As long as Notaries Public are willing to accept low fees we are actually the ones at fault for the difficulties we have.

Take what you like and leave the rest.

Respectfully,
Guy

1 Like