Last minute cancelled closing appointments

Did you every wait all day at your computer for the bank docs only to get a call late in the afternoon it was cancelled. In the meantime I turned down other requests, OBVIOUSLY LOST MONEY THAT DAY.

Goes with the turf. Only upside is at least you didn’t print before it canceled. I am proactive about late docs. I check with signer as to their flexibility on time and give docs a ‘drop dead’ time. Sometimes this knowledge lets you squeeze in one, but, the downside is ‘last minute’ offers usually come with their own issues and now you’re double-stressed.

An option would be to return the assignment to the SS/Title because docs are not ready and accept the assignment that has docs ready. Its kinda like the ‘first in, first out’ method used for inventory control in other businesses.

Very much agree about the drop dead time. I keep a client list and those that frequently cancel or are slow pays get a “special” rating on my list. Since there are limited Notaries in my neck of the woods they don’t want to get on my bad list.