Last Minute Signing Requests

I was just teying to figure mileage, that is sobering…ugh plus paper, ink…ugh, ugh
Thanks

If every notary would take the TIME needed to accurately calculate their expenses…you only have to do it ONCE–use a spreadsheet for the math (change factors as appropriate)–this ain’t hard–I’ve been using mine for YEARS…and then place the offers against your criteria–Yes or No = counter with PROFITABLE fee! SET IT AND LIVE BY IT, and we’d all be better off. It’s either profitable or it’s not, but you have to KNOW when to say no and let some other idiot spin their wheels while you are always working at a PROFIT. .

This winging it based on (well, nothing) has led to the ridiculous offers we’re seeing. They’ve got your number (you don’t know what you’re doing) and are taking advantage of your lack of treating your ‘business’ as…well, I don’t know what–pocket change?. Maybe money is made or, quite possibly, all these low/no profit signings are simply giving you enough cash flow to pay the bills your costs have generated. And, YES, I totally agree that doing the necessary calculating is a VERY SOBERING WAKE UP CALL…

1 Like

How much you say it costs to print

monochrome printer it is 2.5 to 6 cents a page it all depends where you buy your paper and toner

1 Like

Leaving a client a blank copy of the Docs, is like leaving a blank paperweight. He deserves a completed document from the lenders. Theses lenders lay the printing off on us and hope the client is satisfied with a blank copy. I instruct them to request a fully completed contract , but will print them the blank copy if they wish.

1 Like

You should be printing the copy for them automatically and if they’re not satisfied with that, the only instruction you should be giving is to contact their loan officer. Stay in your own lane. JMO

4 Likes

I’m a beginner & I just ALWAYS love reading your SOUND approach; THANK YOU🥰