Overnight Fees, Faxing Fees, eDoc Fees:

The last 2 on line forms to be added into a signing companies data base have asked the following questions that I do not know how to answer:

What are my fees for Overnight?

What are my fees for faxing?

What are my fees for edocs?

Any suggestions would be great! I always get prepaid mailing labels.

Thank you!

1 Like

What do you charge for a signing where the docs are sent to you via overnight mail.

What do you charge for faxbacks.

What do you charge for printing the loan docs (X2)

1 Like

Thank you for replying!

What do you charge for a signing where the docs are sent to you via overnight mail.

Iā€™ve only received packages via email.

What do you charge for faxbacks.

Iā€™ve only done fedex returns.

What do you charge for printing the loan docs (X2
I was just starting to figure out how to break this down last night.

Most packages are done via email now - but thereā€™s the occasional company that sends the package overnight mail - what would you charge to get the docs that way and NOT print.

Yes you return the docs via FedEx or UPS but most companies require you to fax (or email) certain docs (if not the whole package) back to them after signing but before shipping. What would you charge for that?

And no need to respond to that here - thatā€™s what these companies are asking you - they want your fee structure. When you develop that, make sure you include absolutely everything involved in what they are asking you to do.

2 Likes

Start reading everything here so you will get an idea of what others generally charge. However, one size does not fit all and everyone has their own variable. For example, you need to be able to scan a lot of docs for ā€˜faxbacksā€™ā€¦can you do that quickly while at the signing or do you need to return home and then go back out to ship. LOT of personal variables and you need to THINK about yours before replying with feesā€”or you will most likely find yourself working for pennies.

3 Likes

Thank you everyone! I will do some research!

I am unable to read any replies???

Yes I see these offers being gobbled up by the bottom feeders. What are they thinking? If you take a $10 cut this month on your fee, guess whatā€™s coming next month! Hold your ground, write letters to the signing companies, and complain to the title companies. Iā€™m no longer negotiating with these guys, ā€œThey do not set our feeā€™sā€ We are independent and if they want to hire us, we set our feeā€™s. Tell them no thank you, and ask to be removed from their list. This will take time, but the message will get out. Hereā€™s my email from this morning:

I have seen a trend with the signing companies to offer appointments at a lower fee. Itā€™s disturbing, instead of working to develope a relationship, they have gone to seeking bottom feeders.
Notaries typically invest 2.5 to 3 hours per signing, maybe more depending on the size of the package, and distance traveled (or sometimes faxbacks). We are required yearly to incur the cost of liability insurance in addition to classes, bonds, equipment cost, supplies, gas and milage. Then we have the liabilities. How does that compare to the requirements on a signing company? Title companies typically pay you $150 to $200 for your services, so I would say yes, we are entitled to more that the current offer. The position of signing companies to negatively effect our industry is unacceptable.
I can not support this type of business practice, please remove me from your list of available notaries.

2 Likes