Printers/scanners

I have a copier/fax that is seen it’s best day. I have a single tray printer which is an HP Laser Jet that is just a work horse. I need something that can copy, fax, and scan docs. Has anyone had great luck with a particular machine or is it best to break it up into several machines like I have now. Thanks!

Personally, I have enjoyed the Brother line of multifunction (fax, scan, copy). I am finding that faxing is slowly becoming an obsolete request in the notary business with scanning/email capabilities. Amazon has a nice selection of these machines along with reviews.

2 Likes

I have been using HP laserjet multi-function printers for over 10 years. They print both letter and legal size pages, but you have to load the tray with whichever one you want. I don’t know of any printer that can pick letter or legal automatically depending on PDF size. If you know of one, I’d like to know about it please.

I have an HP (HP LaserJet Pro MFP M426f-M427f) and it’s fantastic. Was painfully easy to set up scan/fax/copy/email/networking abilities. It wasn’t all that pricey. Like pwalshnotary above, it doesn’t autoswitch between legal and standard size papers.

I have 2- Model 4200 HP dual tray printers, They auto select proper page size and very, very seldom jam. These are commercial type printers but are reliable and I can print a 150 pg doc. set in 8 to 10 minutes or less depending on the quality of the PDF file.

1 Like

I have the hp 576. It’s scanner print email and dual tray

I use Brother MFC 8910DW, with two tray’s this does copy, scan, fax, letter or legal automatically switches by checking the box depending on PDF size. I do not use the brother toner I go to Amazon and use Cartritech toner saves me lots of money with no problems

1 Like

HP LaserJet Pro 400 is economical, $100ish, small and fast. 2 trays to set select by pdf size… Its just for printing, but does a good job. HP 8600 does a nice job of scanning, tho not the fastest, and I use it for other personal printing in color.
My fastest scanner died, but it was too bulky anyway. Can anyone suggest a fast (40ppm+) scanner?

1 Like

Any copier, scanner machine will upload your docs to a pdf file. So keep your old machine or just a cheap one for a backup. The brother line of laser printers are great . I just added a HL8350CDWT because I was tired of changing the tray for letter to legal. It recognizes the PDF size and spits out the docs in order and correct size. It has a dual tray. It’s also color. Around $400 or less on sale.

The HP 400 series prints at 40ppm. My scanner that quit was 35ppm. Can you suggest fast printer/scanner?

Hello :slight_smile: I just that printer and how did you set the settings to auto detect and switch the page size? Thanks :slight_smile:

I use the brother duel tray (HL5370DW) and it does a great job of selecting page size when the “select by PDF page size” is selected. I have had it for about 6 or 7 years now and it is still going strong.

1 Like

I use a hp 127 single tray and Notary Rotary page separator, no problems.

1 Like

I have an Epson Workforce-3640, dual tray.
Works awesome and I got it at Costco.

Brother MFC-L5800DW. You have to buy the additional tray but it will print according to PDF size and pull from the appropriate tray. Make sure you print through Adobe Reader. Choose file, print and then check the box for choose paper source by PDF page size.

4 Likes

try Xerox work center3325. May cost you a little bit more ,but you wont be burning out machines a fast… HP don’t make them like they use to… and yes the have where you can have a tray for both paper or choose to feed the letter by the bypass that’s what I do and its fast.

I have this same printer. I’m having trouble scanning though. I’ve downloaded the scanner driver and also tried the Brother ScannerApp but either only allow legal or letter. Do you know how I could scan so it chooses the correct page size within the PDF scan? Thank you for any help/advice!

If it’s for scan backs I usually do all on legal if its mixed paper size. If all letter size then I choose all letter

Thank you for this! I have an MFC-L5800DW and didn’t know I could add a tray!

Do you have the paper port app? also the company have a conceirge they walk you through every step
Also check your paper setting for auto
One other your scan setting —set on twain I was having problem scanning legal size and have since corrected them by these steps. Hope this helps