Printing different size pages

I have noticed that there are a few glitches that I have encountered, despite having a dual tray printer which chooses the tray automatically. If the images downloaded are scanned in a size other than legal or letter, your printer may print differently than you expect it to. My printer will throw off the odd size to the manual tray in the middle of the print job and then I will have to insert a blank sheet to print the odd size scan. It then should go back to the proper sizes for the rest of the package, but it may not always be the case. Depending on your printer, it might choose the wrong size after the manual page is printed and you may have to reprint those pages. If you print on adobe, when the print execution pops up you can check the pages manually be pressing the left or right arrow beside the small image on the lower right. It will show the size of the scan above each image. You can then note which page number is scanned incorrectly and decide how you can best print it. I wish the signing services or title would check their scan sizes before sending them to me, so I can print quickly with no problem

The PDF sorter link on Notary Rotary is free and always accurate! Your welcome.

1 Like

Thank you for posting. This is good information to have in making a decision to spend extra money for a dual-tray printer.

I have a dual tray printer but not able to use it the way it’s intended. Adobe says I need to call the printer company to have them diagnosed and the printer company said call adobe. If I don’t use adobe it only prints the default size listed.
I just don’t know! I’m thinking it has a lot to do with my computer being a Mac but I have no idea! :grimacing:

How frustrating! I guess I’ll just keep switching paper in my single tray Brother even though it’s a PITA. Thank you for posting.

1 Like