Printing documents

I have my first loan signing tonight and it’s a refinance. Since this is going to be my first time printing a set of loan documents,and I don’t have a double tray printer, I have to manual feed the legal size paper! I was wondering if anyone here knows approximately how many legal size papers should I expect to be printing? Is there a way I can sort them? Any pointers in printing is greatly appreciated.

Go to Notary Rotary and find the ‘pdf page separator’. This will split your pkg. into letter & legal and also give you a printout of the order they should be put into. Prepare to spend 1/2 hr. or more (guessing…never used it/have dual tray) messing with this. As to how many…depends…Usually not more than maybe 20, but I have seen 'em all on legal. And printing all on legal is the ‘default’ if you don’t have a dual tray…but that’s way expensive and some will yowl because instructions are ‘print to size’.

1 Like

I as well do not have a double tray printer, which makes the actual printing job a drag for me. I’m eventually going to invest in a dual tray printer. In the meantime, I examine the signing package for page count and size to determine what my print job will look like. I then have to switch out paper sizes as the PDF goes from 8x11 to legal while printing. Tedious job, but I make it work. Just make sure you give yourself enough time to do this if you have to, plus package review (needless to state). Good luck.

Thanks! I have 3 hours left before the appointment and don’t have the documents yet!!! I hope I make it

Hope all went well. This note is a little late, but for future reference, know that many hiring parties have their own idea/policy/idiocy about ‘when to send docs to Notary’. Some will send days before, others whenever they get them, many have a policy of 2 hours before appt. But, you can always say you need them no later than ‘a specific time’ during the ‘canudo’ call or later via e-mail.

Also, understand that you should print docs as close to appt. time as is reasonable for your circumstances because if you print 2 days before and it cancels or there are changes, you’re most likely going to eat those. General rule of thumb is ‘print no earlier than 12 hours before appt’ and you will be paid a print fee if things change. Those with the ‘2 hr before’ policy probably have had many issues with notaries wanting to be paid for printing docs ‘too early’.

1 Like