Quitclaim Deed involving more than one Grantee

I will be doing a quitclaim deed later this week and wasn’t sure if I needed to do two separate forms since there are two children (Grantees) and one grantor.

Am confused by your question. As a notary, ALL you do is notarize signature/s. *As a notary, you do not draft, supply nor provide advice on legal forms. On Deeds of any type, only the Grantor/s sign. Grantees do not sign Deeds. (Louisiana notaries are the only exception to * statement.)

1 Like

Notaries don’t draft deeds, except in Louisiana and Puerto Rico. Which is why few questions can be answered in this forum unless you say what state you are in, and in the case of real estate, what state the property is in.

There is nothing wrong with multiple grantees on one deed, in fact, it is very common. The previous comments are correct. It is not your decision and you should not be drafting or completing deeds.

Thanks. in this case it is the State of California and there are 5 Grantees. I just wanted to ensure I did this notarization correctly. Based on my research only the Grantor signs but not the Grantees. So this means I would only have one notary entry for the Grantor correct? They are responsible for completing the correct form themselves and notating whether it is Joint tenants or Tenants in common