Remote Online Notary (RON)

I’m unsure how anyone is saying RON is triple the work? Can you elaborate on that? It literally takes 15-30 minutes unless there is a system issue or the signers are not very tech savvy. You can’t make errors, there’s no printing, scanbacks or drops.

As usual, California is late to the party. No RON signings here. The powers are still wringing their hands over how to implement the program. And, undoubtedly, how to TAX it (@#^%$@&%$@).

I really don’t know too much about how it all works and I think I’d better bone up on it. Any advice to get me to a good place on this subject would be much appreciated. I just need a jump-start, not a lesson, thank you :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I think RON is about to be first choice for everyone involved. I hear lots of people stating most of their Amrock signing are now hybrid or RON.
I watched a crap load of videos, then took advantage of training for Nexsys with CXchoice. (They asked me too)
I also took the NNA training just to get the certificate :blush:
I’ve done a few RON’s now and even a few for GNW! I actually enjoy RON signings even though they don’t pay as much. Keep in mind this is part-time for me but I think everyone should at least be ready for RON to become the norm.

3 Likes

I have two examples: The first one I was just doing the wet signatures. So I guess it was more like a hybrid. They signers spent days (granted they were not real tech savvy) signing the onine docs. Then when I got there there were some misssing from each signer so it took me an hour to sort it out for them.

The other example is second hand from a seller I work with a lot. They tried a total RON and said there were so many issues and problems that they will never try it again. Some ppl just like the old fashioned way.

Personally, I wish Pavaso would have worked out but their list of clients was so short. Their support staff wouldn’t answer any questions for me reguarding the 100.00 they charge. It was a hige wasted of time for me. I have yet to have one compnay approach me for a RON despite how long I’ve been registered. I hate giving up

3 Likes

Thank You for explaining. I do understand that there can be some setbacks to RON but from my end if seen more pro’s than con’s. To be fair I have never used Pavso so I really can’t speak for that platform.

You have to call their SOS for checking approval as all approved are not listed on the website.

It might be more work for the lender/title company to put their document into a format the platform is able to spit out to the notary. They currently just print paper now. With the RON platforms, they likely have to upload their documents into the platform, then manipulate the platform’s tools to indicate certain tabbed spots where the notary will press a button and the signature can go. Or the signer tabs to the spot where they will sign. I may not be making myself clear, I know. But basically, they have to manipulate the uploaded document, sort of like you would for a PDF file that you edit or add text to.