Satellite Signing Services ... Warning!

I believe I may have just dodged a bullet with this company. I replied that I was available to a standard Notary text for a same day refi signing. I didn’t hear back that It had been assigned to me so I figured I didn’t get it. Well, about 45 minutes before the signing was to take place I received an appointment reminder from Snapdocs. I went to Snapdocs to see what was going on and realized Satellite Signing had assigned it to me hours earlier and never sent me a message. Having never had this happen to me before and never worked for Satellite Signing either I decided I should look them up before I actually do this signing. So, I Google them and saw they had a BBB (Better Business Bureau) rating of 1. There were six reviews all from Notaries stating none payment from Satellite Signing Services dating back from February 2020. After reading them all I went back to the Snapdocs order and asked them to please remove me from this signing and their Notary list because of the none payment for all the Notaries in their BBB reviews.
I just wanted to put this out there before another Notary accepts a signing from them.
It is so sad that to be able to put food on our tables, and pay our bills in these troubling times we Notaries not only have to worry about contracting a potentially deadly decease, but have to watch are backs for scumbag companies.

9 Likes

Glad you didn’t waste your time on this one! :+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:

2 Likes

Watching your back for scumbag companies is an ongoing task in this business You have to constantly vet the companies you work for, don’t get to far under with one company before being g paid and always always check reviews on companies who call you with asignments. And for the love of Pete, when you find ratings from other notaries, please believe those who went before you. If they stiffed that notary don’t for a minute think you’re going to be any different.

5 Likes