Solidifi Phone Interview?

Now they have a ‘rating system’ that grades you every step of the way very arbitrarily. Like, I got a low grade for not contacting the signer within 1 hr. of acceptance. Of course, the fact that they did NOT include a phone # with the order and it took them 2 hours to get the signer’s e-mail address to me and then the signer didn’t reply for another hour or so, but it’s still my fault? Another low grade for not getting scans to them ‘timely’ when, in fact, the order said ‘no scan required’. When they didn’t have the not-required scan, they contacted me to say NOW they wanted them. So, the fact that they were ‘late’ is still my fault ?

Frankly, between hinky apps and arbitrary grading systems, this whole business has gone totally off the rails. No matter what went wrong, it’s just too easy to blame the notary rather than figure out what went wrong and FIX it.

3 Likes

Sort of funny you mentioned about ranking and how they downgrade you for petty things like supposedly “not calling within the hour or two”… similar happened to me yesterday with Amrock’s client, first they never uploaded the documents, regardless I called 3X requesting to upload so I can print and prepare… less than an hour before the appointment they canceled with no excuse… fine! My time is of no value to lender :roll_eyes: The karma in this is that the borrowers called me because they were waiting for me, I explained to them the situation and I gave them all the info to call Amrock, including order #. They called their loan officer and sat the records straight with them, complaining about the 3+ months waiting for the signing… to finish the story, within 15 minutes Amrock called me asking me to please accept the order. I did and increased from $100 to $200!
Since the lender screwed up with the time today I found out my score lowered :upside_down_face: I called and complained and explained that it wasn’t my fault… they fixed!

1 Like

Hello, I had an appointment with them and called in.

Hmmm!? I’m 6months a Notary/NSA… LATE DOCS! Aaargh!!! I work my business part-time. I’m not sure this industry would feed my needs full-time if my recent experience is any indication. I also accepted an assignment 1 week in advance, the signing was Wed 1/13/2021 7pm. Problem is I work 9am-5pm and documents cannot be prepped during my day hours — the docs arrived 12:30PM so I was able to print during lunch break – however, one of the documents was BLANK - the “REFINANCE AFFIDAVIT” Needed information such as “COUNTY,” “LIBER,” “FOLIO” and the “PRINCIPAL BALANCE.”

As we CANNOT notarize blank documents, the title/closing coordinator told me to REMOVE the document and complete the rest of the signing.

Meanwhile, I called the NNA and was told – this is NOT something a notary would/should know – it should have been provided by the lender or title company. I was working with someone new in the title company who 30minutes before the signing called me while I was enroute to the signing to say, “this is the Notary’s job to fill in that information”

End of story: title coordinator emailed the information late – I ended up having to return the next day to have that document signed and notarized – also found my own omissions — I missed initials on the ALTA page 11 of 12.

Whew! This – I can’t say I won’t make mistakes, but NOT on the Refinance Affidavit!

Wow! I applied with them in Oct. 2020. I emailed them in Nov. to find out my status and was told to call for an interview. I called the same day and the person I needed to speak with was the gentleman that responded. I was told I would be put in the que, didn’t get a call. I called again 2 weeks later and was given a different persons name and that I would be put in the que, didn’t get a call. I called the next week and got the same story. I let whoever know what happened and she apologized and put me in the que AGAIN. At that point, I let it go.

Sooo, I got a call 2/5 and the young lady from Solidifi asked me if I had an interview. I let her know the situation, she apologized, and conducted the interview. If I was okayed, I would get an email in 2-3 days…just like before, I got nothing. I’m okay, movin’ on.

1 Like

Hey just saw your post abut Solidifi interview…exactly what is it about?

I complete the application in March. Emailed two weeks later to follow up. Gave my infor again, and was told they are weeks behind on interviews, but they will call. Three weeks later nothing.