Solidifi Phone Interview?

Has anyone here gone through a phone interview with Solidifi? I have a phone interview with them on Tuesday! Is this company worth it?

1 Like

From what I’ve read on forums
answer is area/competition-dependent. Just know that they were f/k/a Linear Title Co.

2 Likes

I have completed well over 30 closings for Solidifi and never had to do a phone interview.
They contact me when they need me in my area to make sure that I am available. Then I get the closing.
I never heard of Solidifi doing any type of interview.

2 Likes

Not fair! I will ask why. They better be worth it! Plus I will have to set my fee high for putting me through the wringer!

2 Likes

My experience with them is the same as bmcnotaryrepublic. My guess
they already have more than needed, so they’re now doing interviews prior to adding someone; possibly even looking for someone cheaper. If you get an answer as to ‘why interview’, please let us know. There is one very large co. (not Solidifi) who will periodically call to flatter you with how much they like your work and want to ‘let you know how to get more volume’
really easy
just be the cheapest, but if you fall for that, they call everyone else with the ‘newest low fee to beat for more volume’.

2 Likes

I saw in a different forum that you are a new notary, just getting started, so perhaps that’s why they are interviewing you to see just want all you know about this industry. You must have at least 2 years of experience plus ++++ signings under your belt to be “well qualified” as a signing agent. You have a lot of professional experience and it is quite impressive (I do as well) but when it comes to this business, NONE of that matters. I am going to keep it “100” with you and not that you asked me, but I don’t think you want a carrot dangled in your face. You are too professional for that. Signing companies are in the business of making as much money as they can off of us, the signing agent. Don’t be fooled. And becoming “Fidelity Certified” is nothing special for you, unless you are working directly with Fidelity and getting paid directly from Fidelity and not some signing company. Even someone as professional and experienced as you will have a very, very, very, very hard time working directly with Fidelity without someone on the inside paving the way. Welcome to the Notary Signing Agent world :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just got done with the interview:). I’m in:) :+1:

5 Likes

Hello, I just concluded a phone call with Solidfi as I have also submitted credentials to become an NSA for the company. I inquired as to why there are interviews as I have not experienced this with other companies with which I contract. The gentleman I spoke to stated, “We have Tier-1 lenders that are requiring us to have interviews on file.”

I am interviewing with them on Monday.

2 Likes

Yep, he told me the same. Good luck! Hopefully they’ll
send some good deals!

2 Likes

I wonder if they pulled away from Snapdocs. Thats the platform they were using.

I wonder, too. I’ve done Solidifi through Snapdocs.

1 Like

If you don’t mind me asking, what did the interviewer ask on the interview?

Honestly, the interviewer was very nice and professional. He asked the normal NSA job related questions and a couple questions like what kind of scanner and printer I have. I’m not sure if they ask everybody different questions based on their experiences but I got in with them immediately. They gave me three loans immediately. I completed one loan and gave back 2 immediately! I got paid for the one I’ve completed within seven days and then I dropped them immediately because of the slow docs. I asked them to remove my name off their list! Who knows you may have better experience than I do.

Not my most favorite: Only use text App. Fee offered always too low, but do negotiate. Always want full scanback–rarely waive it. Late docs pretty normal, early never. A dozen or more notarizations. 150+ pages. Pay fast, but if you use Direct Deposit, you’re never advised it’s coming. FWIW: I applied and was turned down because I didn’t want to use the App because cells are very unreliable in my rural area. Then they started calling or e-mailing me anyway
and it’s always a hassle because I don’t use the App.which they use to micromanage you.

Receiving slow docs is not the fault of the Title Company or the Signing Company. It is the fault of the Lender’s not having any regard for the notaries in the field with back to back closings and need all there documents the day before the closing. They are in there comfortable air conditioned offices processing there loans and getting them to the Title Company or Signing company 2 hrs. before time too close. THIS IS NOT FAIR TO US IN THE FIELD!!! It works great for notaries who only close 1 or 2 loans closings a day, but if you are closing one every 1 1/2 hours you need your documents the night before. Title Companies and Signing Companies are afraid to tell them to please get documents to the sooner so the Notaries can schedule there appointments and keep on time without out waiting on documents. Good luck on seeing that change.

Unfortunately, they couldn’t even get the docs in within two hour! I got mine 30 minutes before my scheduled closing time even though I’ve accepted the signing 4 days before the closing date! I even spent 3 days begging and reminding them that I have a few closings and would like to have their docs ready for printing the night before or by a certain time in the morning before I leave for other closings. Horrible, never again. No thank you.

They want us to call the customer to confirm on time, sure no problem!
They want us  to arrive to the closing location on time, sure no problem!
They want us to execute closing perfectly on time without an error, and report completion, sure no problem! 
They want us to mail docs back with receipt at UPS or FedEx on time, sure  no problem! 
All we are asking for is to please have docs ready for printing on time!  Big problem.......
5 Likes

Perhaps they have turned over a new leaf
I was never impressed with their Snapdocs’ fees.

Hence I’ve never worked for them after they changed from Linear Title to Solidifi. Their recent ratings in 2018 weren’t so favorable.

None the less, I’m willing to give them a second chance, if docs arrive timely. I’m over 13th hour assignments and last minute docs from any vendor.

1 Like

Just did one this week for them. More Notarizations then others require So a lot more time. That was the only issue I had

How did you get your phone interview? Did they reach out to you first for the phone interview or did you have to call 1-800-663-2209?

How did you get your phone interview? Did they reach out to you first for the phone interview or did you have to call 1-800-663-2209?