Superior Notary Services will not pay

Hello all, all. I had a signing for Superior Notary on Friday April 17 2020 from SnapDocs. This signing was a seller docs. They called me and asked if I had a witness? I told her yes. I called my friend who is also a notary to come help me out. Me and the other notary agreed on $25 for him to go with me as a witness. We got to the signing appointment that day Friday April 17 2020. I got the documents signed and notarized. I was the first witness and the other notary was the second witness. Documents were signed and dropped with UPS. On Monday April 20th, I received a call from Superior Notary asking me if I had a witness with me during the signing on Friday April 17 2020? I told her yes I had James Everett with me as the second witness. She told me the witness only wrote his name and there was no signature. I asked her to send me the form so I can see. After an hour they sent me the form through email. I responded back to her on Snapdocs asking if the witness form needed to be fix or just have a new one sign by the signer and the witness? I did not get any response from them. In about 30 minutes, I asked that question again, I got a call from Superior Notary that they reached out to the lender, and the lender want a new witness form sign by the signer and the two witnesses will resign and I will have to ship the form overnight with my money. I told her it is not done that way. I told her you can send me the shipping label and I will go get it signed. After going back from front with her, I asked her for the lender name and address where I need to send the documents to once it’s done. She told me that I don’t have any business with the lender and the lender address. She hung up the phone on me while we were still talking. I went ahead and called the signer to schedule a time to come over to get the witness form to resign and we both agreed on 1:45 PM central time Monday April 20th. I sent a Superior Notary message on SnapDocs, asking for the blank witness form and the shipping address. After waiting for some time, I called Superior Notary and spoke with Lauren who said she was the office manager, she told me that they already assigned the signing to a different notary that I will not get pay. I asked her why is that? I did the job, and paid the witness that went with me $25. Why will they take the entire fee if just the witness form needed to be resigned? I have called their office several time and asked to speak with Clay Mason who is the ceo of the company and the lady that answer the phone this morning told me the ceo don’t want to talk to me. Please all I need your advice. Should I get legal involve? Thanks for reading. I put my life and family at risk going out this time and someone will have that mind not to pay you for the job you done.

2 Likes

Unfortunately you made a big mistake and you should have gone out immediately to get the document re-signed and shipped at your expense. I would read the terms of service from Superior Notary to see what it says about when and why you would forfeit payment.
Most likely the reason they are not getting back to you is that it is very busy right now in general and specifically it is month end. I would send an apology to Superior for the mistake, move on, and hope they will give you another chance in the future.

I’m a bit confused - what is this “witness form” you’re referring to. Was it the signature page of the Deed of Conveyance or was it a miscellaneous ancillary form required by lender.

Would like more clarity on that before I respond further.

The quit claim deed witness form. But I never say I wasn’t going to resign the form

I appreciate your response. But I never say I wasn’t going out to get the quit claim deed witness form resign. I asked her for the shipping label and she said at my own expense. And she said hold on let while she check with the lender and came back saying they already assign to someone else. I read their contract and there was nothing about forfeiting payment or errors at notary expense.

Wow, my heart is broken everytime I see this kind of post:( This is why I will only work with high caliber companies!

2 Likes

Superior Notary is dead beat. Stay away!

3 Likes

I just figured that out… Yep. Although their name make it sound like they are legit – I doubt it is.

1 Like

Thanks for your post. I’m sorry this happened to you. I think that if it was a quit claim deed and they needed a witness for the seller package, I would have told them they needed to provide the witness themselves ( seems like these SS always have tricks up their sleeves). You did perform the signing and tried to rectify the problem, but they were not replying in a timely and professional manner. You run a business just like they do and even though it was a mistake on the witness part, you might should have agreed to pay to send it back. However, you did perform a service for them so you should still be compensated. Make sure you have ALL your documentation regarding this situation. Small Claims Court? Maybe? Or you can chaulk this up to experience—Be blessed.
P.S. I don’t personally work with SS but if I did I already have a list of things I’m not going to do as a business owner for a SS. I believe some of them have unrealistic expectations.

2 Likes

When asked if I can provide a witness I always say NO, only myself as a witness and let them or the signer(s) get their own witness. I have seen many confusions and back/forth in situations where a second witness is provided by the notary. So, when asked if I can provide one, I pass!

4 Likes

Seems like y’all need to start making them SS pay y’all up front via PayPal before any business is done🤔.

1 Like

Never happen - though that’s been my position for years - either we get paid up front OR at the table - let title mark us on CD as POC (paid outside closing) - just like appraisers.

1 Like

You know anything is possible. If many people start requesting it prior to doing the signing, they won’t have a choice and services will not be rendered. Especially when docs are received extremely late and they want the signing to occur late at night and in a hurry. The SA should request to be paid via PayPal and charge for late docs up front or the signing will not commence. It can happen if the SAs gets fed up with not getting paid for their services. Doesn’t matter if the SS says they pay in 30 days, we are independent business owners and we can request this even if they refuse that’s ok, then service will be refused.

1 Like

I hear you - and this is not the first time this has been stated. It just won’t happen…I’m telling you. Because there are far too many who will be willing to take the signing under the terms issued - you insist on prepayment they’ll just move on…trust me.

1 Like

Understood. But even if a person goes by the terms issued, you can still request it. Just like when an additional request is made for scan backs from the TC and the SA gives them their fee, either they will pay or not. Either they accept request for pay prior to signing or not. At this point a SA can decide if they want to do business with that SS just like they can decide if they want to do business with an SA. This is where the very fine line is drawn as to “are SAs the SS employees or are SAs independent contractors”. As SAs and independent contractors WE should be telling them our fees and when we want to get paid, not the other way around. And if they move on that’s well, good and fine and then we can move on too.

1 Like

Give it a whirl…and let us know what happens.

Could you give us the suggestions? Please. I’ve done a signing from them recently and got all companies I work for their payment contract shows clearly what time I’ll be getting paid and I don’t see a time frame in their contract.

THEY PAID ME IN 34DAYS so idk.

1 Like

I’ve worked for Superior Notary for over a year now and I’ve had no issues with getting paid. They have a young lady named Jessica that has been very helpful whenever I had an issue with an assignment. They don’t pay high amounts, but they are consistent and friendly.

I’ve never had an issue getting paid from Superior Notary Services.