The Notary Pool (no pay)

So I finally spoke with the owner of The Notary Pool.

They owe me for three orders finished in November 2016.

The owner explained that everyone will be paid out within the next few weeks up to a month due to him having to cash out his 401K to pay all of his Notaries. He said that his clients who never paid him are being sued by him to receive his money.

Sooooo if you call “Accounting”, it’s actually the owners (his), cell phone number.

He said he is aware of the Notaries all the way back from July 2016 and is trying his best to resolve his issues and not “shutter his doors” like many companies like The Notary Pool are doing.

Feel free to call him also: 949-933-8605

I just hope he stands by his word…

2 Likes

Thank you for this! This company owes me for a job last August and I’ve left many messages, sent past due invoices. Nice to know the story behind the delay…hopefully the money will be coming to us!

They owe me for jobs in October and November 2016. I only get voicemail when I call.

Hmm, Only Voice Mail. I hope they did not go bankrupt. John Hoyt of Notary pool called me as soon as I lit fire under his seat. I called / emailed the lending officer, title , escrow and anyone i could get hold of.

How did they contact you ? Did they use snapdocs?

If you still have the details of the borrower / title company / loan officer / escrow officer, find out more details and email every one of them. Someone should respond. I feel sorry for you.

Nuclear Option: You can approach the county and file for a LIEN. Letting your borrower know about this would get things shaken up to get you paid.
Now if you lost all that data… and only know notary pool, then I suggest that you look up the state police of where they are situated and file a theft of notary services charge and hit them up pretty hard.

Also contact the AG’s office in your state and the Signing Service’s state and let me know

1 Like

I think his reasons for non-pay are bogus. By law, the funds have to be disbursed in most cases within 5 days of closing! So who are his clients? And if he started up his business without sufficient funds to pay his contractors then he is at fault, not his clients. He is the one who hired the notaries and he is the one responsible for paying them, not his clients. Do not trust his word. Would not surprise me if he files bankruptcy and then you are all out the money!! Don’t do any more business with this jerk.

1 Like

He is avoiding my calls now and his staff is avoiding the problem too!

They are actually still sending out jobs via SnapDocs.

Unbelievable!!!

Soooooo update:

I spoke with the owner and after discussing how we can call the state police, file tax evasion with the IRS, gather everyone for a HUGE lawsuit…he was very nice in explaining his situation (again) and that he promises to pay everyone.

20 minutes after the converstaion four emails containing Deluxe eChecks all for my November payments…but guess what? One of them is missing ten dollars LOL!
After all that!!! The person even stated on SnapDocs the check number and the correct amount. When I opened the check to print it…nope! It’s missing $10.

Hang in there everyone. I have been fighting hard for all of us. Stay persistent and professional and keep in contact with him (the owner).

~Elizabeth

Elizabeth !! Please do us all a HUGE FAVOR !!

For all those past signings you did, find out hte companies for which you did the closing ( title & lender)
email all of them and tell them about NOTARY SPOT.

Address your email to the legal & compliance department. My guess is that illegal kickbacks are occurring & that is why NOTARY POOL is still in business.

The moment you allege illegal kickbacks… BOOM … Notary Pool becomes an Untouchable leper

The Notary Pool is still sending out orders on SnapDocs.

Today they wanted to pay $60 for an order plus fax backs…SICKING!!!

They are sending out assignments via SnapDocs and I have been victimized by them. I have three outstanding orders awaiting payment, plus a print fee for an order that was cancelled at the last moment. My calls are answered, but I’m told they’re in a meeting and someone will get back with me. After multiple calls, I’m still waiting for that call back.

““I suggest that you look up the state police of where they are situated and file a theft of notary services charge and hit them up pretty hard.”” That’s a good idea. I am going to do that and AG office.

If every one of you notaries complain to Snapdocs, and also THE TITLE COMPANY, you can be assured that their contracts will be terminated. How many of you did this, instead of whinning here. ?

Snapdocs on their part that provided with sufficient and persistent complaints and failure to take action,
They can also be held liable both monetarily and criminally since they aided and abetted this operation even after multiple warnings.

So to all notaries, please go ahead and do their above. Complaint about title/ lender ( find the email from the CD) and also to snapdocs using their contact or support links. STOP WHINNING!!!

I had similar issue with them more than a year-and-a-half ago. I complained got my money back. I never wanted to work with them and I never heard from them again. So I’m really surprised that they’re still going around and fooling people.

After all there is some truth to the statement that there is a sucker born every minute.

Unfortunately I did not have a notary cafe login and did not know that Notary Pool was not paying people. I would have never taken any closings from them. As of now their phones are shut off and no one is answering emails. I am out $450 plus room fees, printing and gas. I WILL be looking into how to go after them as this is a lot of money I am owed and I was supposed to be paid over a month ago per their terms and even with relentless emails and phone calls I never got my money. Very sad that things like this can go on but there has to be a rule about not being paid for notary services and those transactions now being illegal. Anyone ever heard of such a thing?

I think we need to sue Notary Pool and SnapDocs. SnapDocs knows they are not paying and they are still allowing them to have an account. Lets all find an attorney to file against both companies.

Let me know how I can join in…They stiffed me for $140 on a double signing…went to one client’s work and then to the other client’s home…62 miles! Now their phone numbers for the main line and accounting don’t work!

He still isn’t paying. He owes me for 4 closings dating back to January of 2018. I have texted, called and sent registered letters. Still not been paid.

How come they are STILL IN BUSINESS ??
Oh wait !! There is a sucker born every minute
What did you notaries do , other than bawl here? Did you go to the Title company / lending office and write email etc?
Nah!! no time for that ?