$100.000 E&O insurance

If Fidelity is open to new notaries, I really doubt it at this time as there isn’t any work. Become Fidelity Certified with the !00k E & O.

1 Like

Hi,

How do you get Fidelity approved?

Post this exact question in the “search” area…magnifying glass…same question has been asked and answered many times…or just search “Fidelity Approved”…have refreshments handy…lots to read

Good Luck

4 Likes

Thank you for the information

$25k is fine for GNW but if you want to be more attractive for loan signing, get $100k.

You don’t any longer

I worked with a signing service and after doing them a solid by taking a last min appointment with less than 2 hours lead time and still made it to FedEx they were so pleased with me that they sent me the application and then sent me an email letting me know that I was approved.

2 Likes

This is pretty much how my partner got theirs, they had a short notice signing and nobody Fidelity Approved was available so they were brought in and approved via that signing.

As Linda has pointed out (in several threads now :sweat_smile:) that only means they’re approved through that particular vendor, not the legendary nationwide approval that comes through their Escrow which is apparently closed indefinitely.

I personally recommend $1M policy. I’m FT.

2 Likes

This is what the NNA website says " If you already have an NNA E&O policy, you don’t need a separate policy to cover you for the notarizations you perform as an NSA. However, if you wish to upgrade or extend your current policy for additional coverage, please call us at 1-800-876-6827.

I currently have biberk, $1million policy but am thinking of lowering it to $100,000. biberk is quoting me $350 a year and NNA is only $131 a year. wondering what the difference is?

@acartiernotary the policy you have with biberk probably covers you for your Signing Agent work, whereas standard E&O (the cheaper one) covers you for notarial errors only. Hence the increased premium, since they are covering you for higher risks. Check with biberk and ask them what coverage that $350 policy will contain - I’ll bet it’s not limited to notarial acts only

JMO

3 Likes

Can you please teach me how to save!!! :grinning:

:rofl::sweat_smile::joy::sweat_smile::rofl::joy: It was a hard lesson to learn let me tell you.

“When your business is based on sharing your expertise, you need comprehensive, cost-effective insurance to protect you from damages or legal costs that may arise. **Errors & omissions insurance (or E&O insurance), also known as professional liability** or professional indemnity insurance, provides important coverage.”

I got the above from BiBerk’s website under E&O insurance. They state that E&O insurance is also “known as” professional liability insurance, yet they sell professional liability insurance separately. Confusing and needs clarification from them.

E&O insurance (for notaries) covers us from mistakes/errors made out of performing “notarial acts.” E&O insurance will not cover you if you lose a clients check or documents, because the “act” of losing a check or documents is not a “notarial act.” This is where professional liability comes in. As @LindaH-FL stated, maybe they are combining them, but that (the coverage) needs to be verified through them.

1 Like

I believe both Fidelity and FirstAm requires $100k to work with them directly.