Another Reason Things Are Slow

When youngest came home on leave from the Marine Corps he asked if there was a college fund I’d set aside form him. I told him it was parked in the driveway, as I’d paid off my car with his college fund. He explained he thought the college fund was for him to spend. I had to remind him the DoD was paying for his college through his GI Bill.

He went on to tell me about his Girlfriend and credit cards, going further to let me know both were costing him a lot… I informed him either were my problem. He broke up with the Girlfriend so that part was settled. When he asked what he should do about the credit cards, I told him to bust his but and get a few more stripes on hism sleeves so he’d have more money to pay off his debts and never go into debt again.

He now says he hates debt and avoids like a diseased animal.

3 Likes

How it that a problem, you borrower it (like in buyingr a home) your pay it back.
Upper education is NOT free.

I know but a lot of these colleges have manipulated and scammed the students.

Student loan borrowers are victims of the government.

Victims of the school, I think both.

Getting back to the original thread. . .

Things are slow because:

1. It’s tax time and everyone’s focus is on filing their returns
  2. Rates are rising and blah, blah, blah
  3. There are precious few houses for sale so, no closings there
  4. Rates are rising, yadda, yadda, yadda
  5. The Masters golf tournament is this weekend
  6. April is always slow (see past years’ threads on this subject on this forum site)
  7. Rates are rising quack, quack, quack
  8. The Federal Reserve is out of their minds
  9. Somebody slapped somebody
  10. Rates are, well, you know. . .

Have a great weekend, everybody! :innocent:

5 Likes

It takes a lot to learn that lesson and good for you on teaching him financial responsibilities early. He will thank you later for what you are doing now. My son used to fuss with me for being what he would say “cheap”… now he thanks me for setting the example he is struggling with teaching his wife the same principles I taught him as a teen. He spends and saves his money wisely and pays for my husband and I once a year to vacation with him and his wife.

I thougt this segment was “Another reason Things are slow” but nothin, just a lot of nonsense unrelated to the Signing Agent business…

Yep. Tough love. Yep !

No education lenders have ever coerced any student or parent to sign on the bottom line. If a student is smart enough to get into college, they’re smart enough to read the contract before signing. Caveat Emptor.

There’s also picking a viable major field of study. Choose a major that will lead to a stable vocation. If a student pursues a degree in Ancient Celtic Folk Dancing and Philosophy won’t get you very far either. I suggest that students attend a 2-year community degree to see if they can handle the academic rigor. If they can’t there’s less cost involved. Not everyone should attend college. If parents are underwriting their offspring’s collegiate education or co-signing the student loan, they need to set clear boundaries on the major the fruit of their loins wants to study. Almost any degree that contains the word “Studies”, is a cause, not a major.

1 Like

I agree. It drives me batty when folks blame others. I think when you get hustled – it’s a learning experience. Might be expensive. But you learned. You are responsible for what happens to you – not all, mostly.

ALL MILLINIALS GLOBALLY are suffering from a LYING FLAT Syndrome

Google it, They said its chinese, But its a global phenomenon. Teens to the 20’s and other slightly older ones are observing this behavior.

How is it possible ?

Are they lazy? Nope, I think different

Applying Emotional Intelligence, I look at it differently. They are contemplating on this LIFE is a RUT, and Dont want to be a part RAT RACE and with the dices loaded against them already. So they are thinking ! That is meditation. Something good will come out of it.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.