Apostille work

Once again, Alan, a big THANK YOU for the thoroughness and caveats of Apostilles. Am sure you’ve helped a lot of notaries and their clients today.

Anne English is great! More questions answered than the other courses I took. I would love to do these all the time including the authentications. I actually enjoy going to the SOS in Los Angeles because I live close by. I am also an Apostille courier here in Los Angeles.

Same day? What do you charge for per document? You can reply to me email.

Hi @LindaH-FL Notary_veg, the only headache that I’ve experienced it the client letting me know they needed it yesterday, & keep calling to find out if its ready. The cost for doing the apostille is very small in most cases you be paying $10 for the apostille and $20 for shipping to the state department & return. I would recommend that you get a USPS business account as the shipping for priority mail is about $9 & the return is about $8. Also, if you get a FedEx account they offers about a 35% discount but it really depends on your shipping volume.

If you get involve with certain countries such as UAE, and Cuba it can be very, very expensive you also have to do business with the USA Department of State $20 and the Embassy or Consulate and the Arab Chamber of Commerce $35. These high fees are only if you are handling business document, (i.e., invoices, power of attorney) the embassy fee is $607 and $300 respectively, but in the many years that I’ve been doing apostille I’ve only done a few. But here’s what you do, ask the client for the money upfront, so it never a problem.
I’ve us to lay out money in the beginning, however, now I ask for a deposit. This is because people change their mind and will refuse to pay because they don’t want the document any more. With a deposit at least your covering what you have to pay & a little more. Also, being in the VA/DC/MD area you are in a good position because you have all of the embassies USA DOS & Wash Sec of State. near you.

1 Like

@alnmurray Not quite sure why you highlighted me in your post…although I’m amenable to assisting in this process, I’ve had exactly one request in 17.5 years here in Florida.

That service is in London. So you’re advertising to us notaries?

I tagged you because of your comments that started this thread.

For those interested in getting started in doing Apostille work, I found a guide that helped me get started. It is called

The Do-It-Yourself Fast & Frugal U.S. Apostille & Certification Guide

by Melanie Viego. Its sold from this website https://www.apostilleguide.com/ for $20 & I also saw it on Amazon for $29 Amazon.com
Its * Publication date ‏ : ‎ September 29, 2014 so address may not be current so I would verify before mailing to any of the courier listed.

1 Like

Umm…no I didn’t start the thread … Just added some insight… But no biggie

I tried to puchase direct from the www.apostilleguide website, but it must not be well maintained. When I got a notice that my information would not be secure for the purchase, I tried to contact through the website link to see if there might be another way to purchase from them. Guess I’ll have to pay the extra $10 and buy thorugh Amazon. Thanks for sharing all your information- very helpful!

As with anything you find on the internet, call to verify, name to be authenticated, address to mail documents to & cost per document