Best Directories for New Signing Agents

Hello everyone! Super excited to be here.

I have a couple of questions for the experienced signing agents.

First, what notary directory sites are worth it? I have been receiving emails from a couple of websites- Hire Notary and 123 Notary. Both state they will market me directly to Title and Escrow companies. I have googles and seen mixed reviews.

My second question is aside from theses types of websites, how do you market yourself directly to title and escrow companies? I have been YouTubing and reading posts in this forum and been getting contradictory info. Some people say DON’T stop into Title companies and introduce yourself because they are busy and won’t want to work with you because you interrupted their day. Others say emails, letters, ect also don’t work. It seems like an unsolved mystery… Any pointers on how to get direct business would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance for all of your help!

2 Likes

The answer to getting direct work from TCs is VERY area-specific. In my ‘small town/rural’ AR, I am viewed as ‘the competition’ by local TCs. Yet I know of a mother/daughter team that do ‘out of office’ signings exclusively for a TC in 1 of AR large cities for a flat rate $150, regardless of location. I also get a lot of direct work from out of state TCs thru the #s site.

2 Likes

I’m in Dallas, TX area and was planning to send letters or emails to TC. I’m in the same boat trying to market myself and find companies to get signings. I’ve signed up with a few signing agencies within the past month, but have not gotten any assignments yet.

2 Likes

I’m in the same boat. I’ve signed up with many signing agencies and I haven’t gotten one signing. Does anyone have a sample marketing letter that I can send to title companies?

1 Like

If anybody have a letter or suggestions, please can you share with us? Thanks.

1 Like

Thank you! I’m in San Antonio, Texas. :slight_smile: Best of luck to you.

Thank you for sharing! I guess I’ll just wing it and see what happens. :slight_smile:

Just keep signing up with signing & title companies and do PERFECT WORK. No mistakes, and they always call you back. Period

3 Likes

What email do you use to market your self.

My personal email; a Yahoo address

I know here in California a lot of TC won’t hire you unless you’ve worked as a signing agent for 2 years and or have done 50-100 signings. I know it’s the end goal of us signing agents and I am fully expecting it to take some time before I work directly with a TC, and my uncle is a Lender and I still have to wait 2 years to work with him…

1 Like

I’ve been calling TC/EC in Texas anyway, hopefully they’ll need some assistance and call me.

Hi everyone, I’ve gotten direct contracts with lenders through the website SigningAgent from the NNA. Try signing up. I paid to get on there but after a while the 3rd parties and the contract i had directly with the lender kept me busy so stopped paying to be on that website. Good Luck

Over the years, my experience has been a mirror-image to Arichter.

Receiving Signing Orders from Title Companies/Escrow Officers (TEs/EOs) is truly VERY area-specific. The EOs often state that all work is performed ‘in-house’ (by their own employees).

More often than not, certified notary signing agent (CNSA) Independent Contractors are perceived as ‘competition’ by local TCs.

On a very sporadic basis, local branches of Nationwide TCs will reach out when staff are on holiday and they need additional support or if their workload becomes overwhelming/they need assistance with meeting their deadlines. This is truly a blessing when it arises, but over the years it’s proven to be quite a RARE occurrence.

P.S. The Notary Café database has a plethora of immediately available data located within threads already present on this topic and multiple additional very commonly queried topics. If you do a database Search, you’ll find considerable additional information is available at your fingertips that will be helpful to you. :white_check_mark:

Execute a Search on the Notary Café forum database of threads (upper right ribbon bar - magnifying glass => to the right of the SUPPORT tab. :angel::pray: