Closing Group and Notarize 24/7

They were the worse to work for plus lowered what I agreed to receive for a Heloc. They will also ruin you with lenders if you upset them in any way so be careful. They are spiteful

1 Like

They tell you up front it may take 60 days to pay. They do pay but just slow and the pay is a lower fee for same work performed for other companies.

To me they are a good company. They do pay, they told me it takes 30 to 45 days but they are reliable. They are the one company that calls me the most with easy jobs. I like those Chase heloc. .

2 Likes

I hope your charging a minimum of 200.00 on a Heloc that is what I am paid

1 Like

$55 Helocs here in Vegas thats why I don’t do them.
Yes they only take 15-25 minutes but it is not worth it imo.

2 Likes

I did my first closing with Notarize 24-7 on July 28th and August 25th. The July 28th is now 38 days out so I decided to contact them, they told me that payment is typically 30-45 days (must be 30-45 to cut the check another week to the notary) The HELOC’s are only paying $50. but I don’t think they are really worth it.

Think about it…if they cancel before you go $0 due (but it’s been on your calendar and taking up scheduled time), if they don’t close and you’re at the table $20 trip fee (Always takes more time than it’s worth, while the borrower makes phone calls etc.), not to mention the accounting issues.

I really didn’t like doing these for $50.00 anyway, so I think I will pass on these from now on.
The least they could do since they farm them out so cheaply is to pay quickly.

1 Like

In Texas it’s 360 pages twice and 3 hours to complete I don’t start my car for less than 100.00l

1 Like

It’s $15 per signature in California as of Jan 01, 2017.

Keep in mind that it is $65.00 + $20.00 Print fee so you always get $85.00 minimum. Majority of their packages are Quicken Loans. Average package 75 pages, no fax-backs, and only 2 Notarizations. (DOT & Sig. Aff.) Less than 30 minutes at the table. They are tops in my book.

I travel 100 mile radius as there are many who are like Surfnkona who won’t travel much outside their neighborhood and it gives me the opportunity to make some decent money. I try to figure how much time will be involved with driving and how many other closings I could do in that amount of time, also who the agency is, if well known to me and easy to get paid by. All plays a role in how high the fee is.
Typically your example here for me 8pm 62 miles I would have charged between $175-$195. You will get to know the areas that no notaries either live in or travel to, go there and clean up. I always buy Subaru - all wheel drive, so location and weather is rarely a problem! Yes it is out of your way, but if they pay on time and pay a little extra bring your dog and make it a dog day out trip and enjoy the scenery, that’s what I do. :wink:

1 Like

That would be nice on a Mortgage Connect/WFG package that contains a minimum of 15 Seals in every package! Too bad we never get the REAL compensation deserved

They pay every 30-45 days. They are very professional. The problem I have with them: Every once in awhile, some inadvertent occurrence happens with my scanned documents when working with B of A. This time two of my document stuck together. So what occurred was that the last page of the closing disclosure wasn’t seen. They wrote me right away and I apologized and scanned the final page of the CD within 5 minutes. I thought that was the end of it. NO, IT WASN’T.

About a month later, I get this red letter email on can eliminate this error in the future. It was inadvertent, so obviously I will make sure it doesn’t happen again. But I’m nice and relaxed doing my due diligence and this glaring email comes up.

Wow, before reading it, it turns my stomach upside down. Any of you ever have that from 24/7?

Karen

1 Like

I got an email from them 25 days after a signing that I forgot to scan back one of the borrower affidavits for the title company.

I figure if it was really important enough that they needed it scanned and emailed, they wouldn’t wait 25 days to let me know that I missed it.

They did let me know that it wouldn’t effect my pay “this time”.

1 Like

I have been a Signing Agent for over 15 yrs and I completed an order the Notary 24/7 and was just informed that they were NOT going to pay me for an order I completed. They claim that there was an incorrect date? They never called me or notified me of any problems. They went on to tell me VIA email that the borrower claimed " I Argued with her about the incorrect date"??? They would not talk to me over the phone about this when I called or emailed asking to speak to someone. I would never argue with someone about a date? What were they talking about? I will never work for them again.

1 Like

Ask them for a copy of the document with the incorrect date.

They offer to pay minimum wage for $300+ Signings. Very unpleasant people to work with.

What companies would you recommend?

Thank you. Looks like I’m starting to see more companies up their fees to minimum of $100. So I think turning down cheap deals is working. In fact, I have a signing today. I asked how many pages but he didn’t know. After downloading them its over 150 pages with a 100 fee. I’ll be calling to negotiate fee to $125. If not, I’ll be turning down signing.

2 Likes

Notarize 24/7 isn’t that bad. But, they’re fees aren’t good either.

Where? I’ve never heard of that.