Dear real estate agents and lender representatives at closings

Even without other attendees. No many how many times you explain to the signer(s) how to present their signature. It never fails, if the signer has to sign their name differently than their normal signature. A mistake will occur, we just gotta catch it and have the signer to make correction. I always tell the signer, “no big deal”, let’s go back and make the change(s).

1 Like

Im in colorado and a 38 year real estate agent as well as a notary. Prior to the pandemic, it was common for lenders, both buyers and sellers and agents for both parties to attend. We do not normally do escrow closings. I would state im a little ADHD and easily distracred and ask for quiet so i can concentrate. Things have changed and now more often, no lender andvparties close separately. Easier, but no party!

1 Like

Yes they are irritating with their yapping. It is not even constructive talking

1 Like

When I am closing in a title company (which is generally where I will have these extra attendees) I try to be curteous and allow talking at first (more so than any of the title company employees would if they were handling the closing). If I see they get too carried away, I will typically stop passing paperwork, turn to the speaker and say “I’m so sorry but this is very distracting. Would you mind holding your comments until we are finished or going outside the room to talk so we can finish these documents without making a mistake?” And everyone complies and no one gets offended.

2 Likes

you gotta love the party :wink:

I’m borrowing your script :slight_smile:

I feel your pain. I go through this often as I do most of my closings at an attorney’s office with the realtors and buyer/seller’s attorney present.
They can get pretty chatty but I just chat along with them while presenting my next document.

Sometimes they are pretty helpful because the realtors can answer questions that I may not be so knowledgeable about so I am appreciative of the insight that they bring to the closing.

1 Like

This drives me crazy. I recently had a signing at a title office and the realtor walked in with the signer. Then, halfway through the signing, the loan officer walked in. The realtor claimed she was there as the buyer’s interpreter. First of all, having an interpreter is not acceptable, and I was annoyed with the signing service for not telling me about this. To add to this, the realtor and loan officer were talking and laughing loud about their summer plans, all while I was handing the signer his documents. I know I should have refused this entirely but kept going. They talked throughout the signing, so they were obviously not there to interpret. I wrote a letter to the signing service and title company about their lack of professionalism.

1 Like

Yup exactly. Well, good job for getting through it in one peice. Maybe I should look into being an “interpreter” also LOL;)

2 Likes

sounds like great advice

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.