ALERT: Hirenotary

Hello everyone I am new here.

What do you guys think about Hirenotary.com? I’m always getting emails from them to sign up.
Are they legit?

Thank you

Sure. pay the $ and your name will be listed. Will you get any business? Haven’t heard from anyone who has.

1 Like

Don’t do it!!! I did and lost the $39 or whatever it was and never got anything from them. As many newbies will attest, IT IS A SCAM. Don’t send any $$ to them or US Signings either. I’d punch them out if I could find them for stealing from us like that.

1 Like

You may want to read the BBB reviews/complaints: (Hire Notary, LLC | Reviews | Better Business Bureau® Profile)

If your question is whether they are a legitimate business, that could be researched online at the California SOS: https://businesssearch.sos.ca.gov/

According to Hire Notary, LLC’s website, the company was founded in 2008 by Founder and CEO Kimberly Petersen. I tried doing a business search by name on the California SOS website and didn’t find anything. So maybe they are listed with a different DBA name? Without a current DBA or Entity Number, I cannot locate them on the California SOS website to verify.

• (888) 317-1458 [could always cut to the chase and call to ask their business tax ID number (entity number). As it is not listed on their business website that I could see]
  • contact@hirenotary.com
  • 4 Embarcadero Center, San Francisco, CA 94111 <–please note that this is an address to a SKYSCRAPER in SFO. Without knowing the exact suite #, I don’t know how else to locate the company. Which is worrisome. There were a number of virtual office spaces listed at this skyscraper I found in a Google search.

Whether they are a great business to work with is subjective. This company as been discussed in this Notary Cafe forum. Do a search in this forum of “Hirenotary.com” and it will return a few threads you may want to read through.

From the hirenotary.com website https://hirenotary.com/new-notary-2/:
"#### Is it free to sign up?

To ensure we only have committed notaries in our network we charge a $48.00 annual fee. We know that other signing platforms are free to sign up and boast about a database of over 60,000 qualified notaries. We, however, believe in quality over quantity. Please note that we do not take any part of your signing fees; 100% of the loan signing fee goes to the notary, who completes the assignment, while “free” platforms are taking a half of your signing fees. “There ain’t no such thing as a free lunch” "

A bit like patting themselves on the back for not taking any part of of the notary’s signing fee. I think that’s called taking a “kickback” which would be illegal. All they can do is charge a notary to be listed on their website, like this forum does. So far, I don’t see the benefit.

If you do decide to sign up, please come back and share with us to let us know how it goes for you. Good luck!

1 Like

certifiedmobilenotaryservice.com this company too!! don’t do it