How busy are you?

I got so sick of the C2C $30 spam texts for partial signings more than 30 miles from my point of origin that I actually blocked all their different numbers on my phone. I repeatedly asked them to check my signing fees and service areas prior to them contacting me for assignments. Instead, they started spamming me MORE!

I’ve never done an assignment for them, and they’ve guaranteed that I never will do one. This is a company that clearly has zero respect for what we notaries do, no respect for our time, and they seem to forget that we are self-employed and trying to make a buck.

1 Like

I don’t take ANY lowballs - EVER! But I understand why you did. I thought about doing it - like you - for the experience because I’m also relatively new at this. But I figure I’m going to get paid - low or high, regardless. (Well, assuming I’m not dealing with scheisters who don’t pay or drag it out forever). Luckily, I’ve had great signing and received timely compensation.

1 Like

I just got 29 closing for the month of Aug I don’t feel it that busy

1 Like

My friend in the San Francisco area is doing 20 signings/week. She could be a lot busier but is a single mom and needs to take care of her daughter. She just started at the beginning of the pandemic and is making over $8k/month!

can you elaborate more? I’m in DE (attorney only state) and new to this…welcome feedback

It’s my understanding that NC is NOT an attorney only state - unless they recently passed the law? I know they were trying to push it through but I hadn’t heard it passed. I know SC is attorney-only, but to the best of my knowledge NC is not an attorney-only state

you are correct LindaH. I don’t think NC is a attorney state as per NNA: Signing Agent State Restrictions | NNA

Only attorney states are: * Connecticut

• Delaware
  • Georgia
  • Massachusetts
  • New York
  • South Carolina
  • South Dakota
  • Vermont
  • West Virginia

my assignments this year, jan 52 feb 58 Mar 75 Apr 54 May to date 17 first week of may 12 but only 4 this week and few calls. Anybody else experiencing the same slowdown? and the calls i am getting are way to low and when i quote the same fees i have had, they dont call back.

1 Like

Wow! Who do you use? I just started a few months back and I’ve only gotten 7 this month. Mainly on signing order.

My requests have also slowed down but making a good income. What has increased is my requests for hospital, full care facilities and private individuals for POAs, Last Will and Testament, etc. notarizations with witnesses. COVID has increased this volume of requests.

I’m sorry lol is this person for real?? Every one of their posts is condescending and bragging, while hardly helping anyone. What’s the point?

2 Likes