How do I get a request

I am new to being a signing agent, how do I get signings? I have been calling…Any advice? :slight_smile:

Start by signing up with as many legit signing services as you can. There is a forum topic Signing Service 411 - Notary Cafe Forums which has a bunch of commentary. Unfortunately, a lot of what gets written about are the bad ones, not necessarily the good ones.

I started with Snapdocs, because the NSA who did our house sale told us about this job, and she lives on that one alone. (https://snapdocs.com/).
Personally I’ve had signings from signingorder.com notary123.com and notarygo.com as well (I’ve only been active for 5 weeks).

In the long term I don’t know how much this matters, but initially a lot of companies seem to want NNA LSA certification, as well as the standard Bond, Background Check, and E&O insurance. I got all of that through NNA (nationalnotary.org) to start out. When you sign up with these services, they will want to validate your credentials, so you’ll need to upload those docs (state notary license, bond, E&O insurance, background check, driver’s license) and wait a while for them to check you out.

2 Likes

You’ll read about this more here on the forum, so do look around, but once you are signed up you may/may not get requests right away. When your phone is set up, and you get a text, you will probably try to take it and find that the signing has already been grabbed. Read this: Temper your expectations

all the best!

Okay, another point: there are lots of folks like us who are chronicling their business on youtube, and provide a lot of great support. Side Hustle Seattle is interesting to me:

1 Like

Thank you so much for the advice! It helps:)