How much time do loan signings take from start to finish?

I don’t know how you’re computing those numbers, but I would estimate that for a typical signing with 2 signers, 125-150 pages, the total time would consist of:

Printing and prepping two sets of documents - 45-60 minutes
Time at signing table - 45-60 minutes
Scanbacks - 30 minutes
Drive time to and from signing location/Fedex or UPS/home office - 60 minutes

These times can vary of course, but I’d say that they’re about average for me.

Then of course, there are the journaling requirements, which would vary by state. I honestly don’t see how ANYONE can get 7 of these type of signings done in a day without working around the clock (and that would be on a good day when everything would go right …like no late docs, traffic issues, etc).

2 Likes

Each loan signing is its own unique experience. However I’ve found that most signers have already seen the documents online and just want to get through it as quickly as possible. Some states even ban notaries from preforming loan signings because non-lawyers should not be explaining legal documents without an attorney present.

One thing to consider is you must thoroughly check your documents for errors after the last document is signed. NEVER adjourned a signing until you verify all the signatures. This is perfect time for the signers to fill out that statement of information document.

Always leave a business card and promise to return if additional notary services are needed in the future. For example, I’ve had calls from people who have kept my business card for 20 years.