How necessary is a dual tray printer?

You can always get a epson 500w or a 400. That is the type of scanner that will let you scan the large and larger packages back if necessary. I have both scanners. One of them for home and one for my vehicle. Trying to use a scanner on something like a multifunction printer/scanner might not always scan both legal and letter at the same time. Hope this helps.

3 Likes

Are you in business or is this a hobby for you? :slight_smile: Invest in a dual tray printer and a good, fast, high memory scanner.
Time is $$$
If you add 15 minutes per signing on 4 a day, that is a wasted 20+ hours in time a month.

I have an epson es-300w mobile scanner: it has a multi-page document feeder I scan right from the signing table. It also scans id cards. One file, scanned to small travel laptop & uploaded to title company before I leave the table. Done.

1 Like

During the Refi peak I was running two dual tray Brother 6200s with a back up 5200 on the shelf. All of the parts were interchangeable to no loss of jobs should something break. I could run multiple print jobs at a time.

Now that business has slowed down the print demand has slowed. About the only business doc I print are for my older Tax Clients. Everyone else I handle virtually/electronically.

1 Like

I started without one. I purchased a program the separated them for me. Did not take me long to invest in a dual printer. SO much easier

1 Like

Not necessary in these days of slow work orders, but so much easier when you’re busy. I’d wait until business picks up in 2026 to purchase one. (Sorry)

Initially, you can get by with one-tray laser printer if that is what you have already and use page separator, which is an additional piece of software. However, recommend investing in a printer with dual-tray capability even if you only get the first tray initially. Right now – is a great time to pick up on some bargains with some notaries leaving the business due to the industry.

1 Like

I found this today while just browsing old news i guess. If you’re still using a single tray, I suggest buying a 2nd tray off ebay if you can find one. It was the best thing I ever did. I only do a handful of closings each week also and it is so much easier to swap the trays rather than loading and unloading paper.

2 Likes